K Train's Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Apr 24, 2012.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    They get their guy

2. Washington Redskins /Rams– Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
    Sold their souls to get their guy

3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    Imo, if kalil isnt the pick, they ****** this one up

4. Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    I really am not gonna like seeing him twice a year

5. Tampa Bay Bucs – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    Barber is old...like really really old and they are even dabbling with him at safety. Theres trade rumors for talib, this makes sense

6. St. Louis Rams /Redskins – Justin Blackmon, WR, OK St
    They should trade this for wallace, but i guess he will probably be the pick

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    This one has been picking up some steam the last few years. I feel like they want DE, but it seems like can never find a DE that pays off for them

8. Miami Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    Again, picking up steam. I dont agree with it but hes the next QB in line and then theres a fairly big drop off

9. Carolina Panthers – Fletcher Cox, DT, Miss St
    Best DT on the board and the first DT off the board

10. Buffalo Bills – Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    I think this one was extremely tough, but ive decided im giving them a tackle until they take one. I wanted to give them coples because Mario, Kwilliams, Dareus, and coples will have Tom brady ******** himself

11. Kansas City Chiefs – David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    I was between Decastro and Poe, but i think decastro is the better player and gives them a hell of a line with Albert, Hudson, Decastro, and winston

12. Seattle Seahawks – Luke Kuechly, LB, BC
    Seems like a perfect fit for them in the middle. Tatupu is gone, and the missed on Curry....they get this one right though

13. Arizona Cardinals – Cordy Glenn, OT/OG, Georgia
    This one is another momentum gaining pick. I think its a good fit in whiz's offense

14. Dallas Cowboys – Mark Barron, S, Alabama
    Im unsure who they will take tbh, they seem so weak in the secondary though

15. Philadelphia Eagles – Dontari Poe, DL, Memphis
    Philly LOVES him falling this far, they have the ticket in before barron can get his picture taken with goodell

16. New York Jets- Melvin Ingram, DL/OLB, South Carolina
    I hate this DE class, but it gives the jets the best pass rusher available

17. Cincinnati Bengals /Raiders – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    Replace joseph and/or pacman? Physical corner...not the best fit imo, i imagine he'll be chasing wallace and torrey smith into the endzone a lot

18. San Diego Chargers – Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
    Floyd, Floyd, and Meachem....solid group of WRs for rivers. I hate predicting what AJ smith is going to do

19. Chicago Bears – Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
    PERFECT compliment to peppers

20. Tennessee Titans – Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
    Compliment Britt or replace britt, time will tell

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Doug Martin RB Boise State
    Top RB on the board. Gives them a workhorse back. Id imagine they address guard in round 2

22. Cleveland Browns /Atlanta – Janoris Jenkins CB N. Alabama
    As much as i hate it, i think teaming him up with haden again would be really fun to watch

23. Detroit Lions – Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    Jeff Backus's eventual replacement?

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Donta Hightower MLB Alabama
    Not even sure how i feel about this pick, i like it but i dont really love it. Great fit though

25. Denver Broncos – Michael Brockers DT LSU
    Free fall to 25, but the broncos bring him in to play the interior after passing on dareus last year

26. Houston Texans – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
    Best WR available, gives them a deep threat across from andre. Jacoby jones can finally go away i guess

27. New England Patriots /Saints – Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    seems like they are really making efforts to bring in guys for the future on the oline. Great lineup of young talent with konz added

28. Green Bay Packers – Nick Perry OLB USC
    I kinda just think the duel USC OLBS is a cute idea, but they do really need someone across from the claymaker

29. Baltimore Ravens – Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
    Perfect kind of small DE, oversized OLB they will like to have rush the passer

30. San Francisco 49ers – Amini Silatolu, OG, NW ST
    Honestly i just heard they KNOW the guy they want will be there, makes me think Silatolu. Gives them a beastly ground game

31. New England Patriots – Shea Mccellin OLB Boise State
    Seem to be in love with him, dont really blame them theres not much to not like as a pass rusher this late in the first

32. New York Giants – Coby Fleener TE Stanford
    I had no idea, but fleener gives them an elite weapon at TE, something Ballard clearly is not

2. good mock. can't really disagree with any of it

3. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

I don't see the Bills taking Reiff, his value does not equate to #10 pick. They could trade down and take him. Good mock draft.

4. K Train

do the bills ever equate their value with the pick #? like EVER?

Whitner=Reach
    Maybin=Reach
    Spiller=Reach

last year was an anomaly, they had no choice but to take dareus, if they were in the low teens i bet they would have reached again lol.

5. buffalobillsfan1

I hope not or Buddy Nix will be out the door with the rest of them. The jury is still out on Spiller.

6. K Train

spiller is an ok player, but his value/need ratio for the bills was very poor.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It's only a reach when they don't pan out. So really they were just poor picks. If you draft a guy rated a third rounder before the draft in the 1st round and he ends up kicking ass, it wasn't actually a reach, it was just a smart pick. Odds are that the pick before or the pick after tanked and they were more than likely ranked higher.

8. K Train

still....oher/orakpo would have been much better picks at the time than maybin. Even if maybin took over the league, it was still a silly pick at the time

9. buffalobillsfan1

This year he is going to get more carries, we will see how he does.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The more I read about Poe and see mocks, it really seems like we're going to take him. However, the more I read, the less I like him. He's hit or miss according to EVERYONE! I keep seeing Mike Mamula. :)

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I think Cox is the target. Fits the mold. Poe would be the pick if they actually feel they need to change the way the d-line plays by adding a bigger dude to hopefully occupy more linemen every down. They led the league in sacks last year and historically Reid is all about QB pressure over just a stout run stopping type of d-line.

12. Cox will be long gone

13. K Train

poe would be amazing on the eagles ( i think hes gonna be great regardless) evaluating poe is tough because of the terrible terrible talent he played with.

i think hes much more of a hit contender then people give him credit for

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Of course. If they wanted him they'd have to trade up.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'd be down with it. I think he'd bring a lot of value to the front seven on run downs.

There's only a few options that I wouldn't be happy with, really.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Haven't watched a ton of tape of him, but I'd imagine his big butt can get decent push on passing downs?

17. K Train

hes more of a penetrating DT than he is real NT but hes got all the tools to be everything on any line.

his tape sucks, it really does. But it sucks because he was by far their best player and the idea of a NT is to "open things up for other players" that really only works when you have players capable of making plays, and poe did not have any talent surrounding him. his potential is through the roof, at worst hes probably a faster shaun rodgers

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Word is Poe followed by Barron is the Cowboys choice.

Ive also been hearing Barron could go alot higher then people expect

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

IMO Poe right now can be a very solid anchor. Thats what he does well in the tape. Ultimatly he will (and he will) be a guy that can explode through gaps and be unstopable. He really REALLY needs to work on his technique and pass rush moves. Once that amazing first step is proper harnessed, you could have Albert Haynesworth in his Titans days

Out of the box, he should be an effective anchor "true" NT type, as he is unmovable. However he'll evolve past that. In a 3-4, ultimatly I think he will wind up a 5 Tech in the Ngata vein once he gets coached up

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Barron is one of my three favorite players in this draft.