Keeper ?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by smeags, Aug 14, 2014.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

just got back into FF after taking a few years off. in my old 10 team 2 player keeper league and i inherited the last place team so of course i have the #1 & #11 picks to start off with in the draft. have to wait until sat when the keepers are announced to really see about what i may do pick wise but right now i'm trying to figure who to keep. not much to pick from.

matt ryan
    russell wilson
    jordy nelson
    julio jones

i'm pretty much set on ryan. the falcons are famour for their suck one year great the next routine so this should be a big year for him. the jones/nelson debate is the one i'm trying to figure out. i'm leaning towards jones right now.

scoring is pretty standard. 1 point for every 25yrds rcv. 2 points for 5rec and 1 point for every ten after that. point for every 20yrds running. -1 for fumbles

thoughts ?

2. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I'd take Julio for sure, and either Ryan or Nelson.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

hmmmmm, no i just got wind that a couple qb's may be going back into the draft. one being aaron rogers.

4. SNPokc

If you think you could swing Rogers with the first pick, since everyone will likely keep guys like mccoy charles ap lacy, keep Nelson and Julio and draft Rogers.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

thats what i'm thinking. then go rb at #11.

6. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Since there are guys like Cutler and Romo you can get later, I'd rather keep Jones and Nelson and throw Ryan back in the draft mix. You have 2 WR1s to start with and you didn't even draft yet. With the first pick, there should be at least 1 top running back left.

A HUGE HELL NO to Wilson

DaBearsrule4ever likes this.
  7. smeags

smeags militant geek

keeping jones and nelson is a thought but no top rb's will be there at #1, at least not worth the overall 1st pick anyway, so that's not an option IMO. there may be some other bigtime wr's though plus probably rogers. if i keep nelson and jones and get roger #1 then i can look at rb in the 2nd. all 2nd tier guys at that point plus sankey who i like alot.

this is uncharted teritory for me as i have never drafted 1st.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Id keep Jones and Nelson. jones is a no brainer IMO.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Respect you guys that get into it. just like betting,i can't enjoy the games if i bet on them.

10. SNPokc

first rule of FF, you're real team comes first. Go Steelers.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i have won a couple championships and had no issue having scumbag opposing players on my roster. last time i played i had TO on my team when he went to dallas.

on my keeper situation, i am leaning more & more towards holding jones & nelson. i mean at the end of the day even if rogers doesnt go back in the draft and matt ryan is the best qb/player on the board i do have the #1 pick.

12. Greg Brosh

In a keeper league you have to think about it this way though. Yeah there might not be a guy who is worth the No. 1 pick. But you essentially have your first rounder in Jones and your second rounder in Nelson. This guy would technically be your third round pick.

So if you look at this list, which backs are left?

http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/2014-ppr-fantasy-football-rankings-top-20-rbs/

(I'd personally pass on Lynch and Foster)

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i played in keeper leagues long eonugh to understand that dynamic. my point is that there won't be a rb on the board at #1 that will give me the type of points that a ryan or rogers would. now with the 11th pick ? yeah definitly.

14. Greg Brosh

Just out of curiosity, will you have a window of time between the keepers being announced and the draft? It'd help if you posted the top 5 at QB and RB to see who is left.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, picks are due in tomorrow. i already put mine in though holding jones and nelson. draft is 8/23. i'll post up the names monday.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

so let me ask you guys something ... is matt forte injured and i missed the reports ?? ? cause to me that's the only reason he could have been put back into my draft in favor of jay cutler.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not that I know of...that was quite the blunder...

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

well rogers was held so there's little doubt i'll take forte with the 1st pick. then look at another rb or qb with #11.

19. Greg Brosh

Whomever let Forte in the WW pile is an idiot. He's about as close as Charles and McCoy as you can get. Yeah he's getting up there in age, but he's pretty safe as a top 5 pick.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah last i heard he was being held.