Klinsmann Gets His First Win As USMNT Coach

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, Oct 9, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Source:Soccer By Ives

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

At this point I don't really care if the team wins or loses. I want to get the best group of guys for the World Cup qualifying and the tournament available. I don't care if we lose every single game between now and the start of qualifying. It's once the actual meaningful games start that I care but this is getting better each game. Possession is something that the USMNT for some reason never cared about.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

So you beat the great soccer nation Honduras :icon_cheesygrin:

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Yes, but thats not the point. U.S was always a run n gun. Now its finally about position and creating chances. I dont care win, lose or draw or if it was the PS 141 middle school soccer team, theyre making progress.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Good luck on that with Klinsmann.

6. your hate for Klins is ridiculous.

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I don't hate him. I liked him as a player, but he isn't a coach...

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He's better than Bob Bradley. We need international flavor in our system. America is NEVER about being careful and creating chances. We've always been about going full speed and defense/passing was never something we worried about. Klinsmann is at least preaching that and slowing down the game. Plus Gooch is finally fully healthy and getting back to great form! US and German soccer are COMPLETELY different so he may have sucked with the German Nat's but with the USMNT I think he should be money!

9. Statements like these let your true feelings be known. He is a hell of alot better than Bradley and despite what you think had some success at coaching.

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yeah I agree whole heartedly with this

Sent from my HTC EVO

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

BUUUUUUT this might be his only win. The US Team looked great during the game until Tim Ream came in and let a dumb ball through. Screw the Red Bulls. FREAK THEM IN THE BUTT!

While the outcome isn't something that I'm worried about, starting to get a bit worried abut seeing so many new faces time and time again. These boys need to gel together!

12. Omen

I thinking will keep. Tinkering until he is satisfied

Sent from my HTC EVO

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I give you that.
    Not sure what you expect from Klinsmann. Teach your team the European style of soccer - he can do that. Lift you over some central or minor South American teams - He's your man. To compete with European topteams, like England, Germany, France, Spain or Italy - I don't think so....

btw, he didn't suck with our national team (what was run by Löw, our current coach, who just lead us to a 10-0 EC-qualification), he sucked at Munic, where he didn't had a soccermind like Löw in the background....

14. you keep saying he sucked in Munich but he really didn't. Sure he didn't meet all expectations but he wasn't a complete disaster.

Either way in the long term he can build the U.S.. In the short term he can help them improve.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Getting booted during the season, isn't something to brag with...

As I said, he sure can improve your team, but I highly doubt he will make the US an aspirant for a WC-trophy.

[MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION]: For the change of players. I don't think he's that familar wit the US players, so he use the friendlies to try out different players, to see who can fit in his system.

16. He got booted in the season because the owner and chairman was too hasty. They didn't give him enough of an opportunity.

17. Omen

Yeah totally agree.. That's why these loses don't sting too much.. I want wait until he settles the team.

Sent from my HTC EVO

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You don't get much opportunities at Munic. You have success or hit the road....
    Belive in Klinsmann if you want, but he's not the answer.

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'd still have a Diet Coke over a Diet Rite. Even if it doesn't have all the sugar, it's the higher quality option. Forgive the metaphor, I was too lazy to come up with anything better.

Maybe he's not on par with who's running the top programs, but you can't say he's not an improvement or a step in the right direction. Would any better coaches really have left somewhere else to take the job here? He's also a bigger name and could bring some light to the program, which is a dire need for America to become legit in soccer.

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Never said anything other....