Knicks G J.R. Smith Fined $25K For Twitter Photo

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith has been fined $25,000 by the NBA forposting"inappropriate pictures" on his Twitter account, the league announced Saturday night.Smith posted a picture of a semi-nude woman on his account late Thursday night.He told reporters in Milwaukee on Friday night that he regretted the tweet."I didn't know it was going to be as big a deal as it is now," Smith told reporters on Friday. "I definitely regret it. Anytime I do anything that takes away from our team, I'm definitely going to regret it."

Source: ESPN

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

its kind of crazy that they can fine u for stuff like that

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

The NBA can now fine players for personal photos on their personal accounts. WTF?

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

if i was in the nfl or nba i wouldent even have twitter with that kind of price tag for heckin up

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

What was the picture?

6. Dragonite

Semi-nude girl. says in the post. If my employer did this to me I would probably go find a new job.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

They'd fire you before you had the chance to quit. What you think about your personal freedoms in corporate America just don't apply. Check out any corporate manual and look for the section called Code of Conduct Policy. It's pretty well laid out that if you bring negative attention to the company, even by association, you are history. And the bigger the company is, the more people they have scouring Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. looking for this kind of stuff. Like it or not, that's the way it works in the real world.

8. Dragonite

Most companies don't sit there and watch their employees personal internet profiles. I shouldn't have to answer to my employer for anything I say on Facebook or Twitter thats bullcrap.

9. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Being in the spotlight, playing on any pro team specially in the big cities? It's just a whole new life, your freedom really isn't your freedom. If it's any other guy, normal guy.. we are all sitting here saying "awesome good job" but with "stars" its a double standard, plus even if your not trying to be a role model, kids could be cfreaking you out on twitter. It's just a whole new beast when your in that spot light, getting paid big money and even when your not playing, or in offseason... you're still working because your constantly out there. In the age of social media... the days of having any sort of privacy are over specially if you have a twitter or a facebook. What you post, millions are going to see... judge you on and people on blogs and talk shows are going to talk about it. It's amazing.. The smart thing to do is not to make yourself so assessable to fans and if you have a twitter, don't post your thoughts on life... just share the "Hey, come watch up play so and so tonight at 8pm!" gimmick, fans are still gonna check out your stuff if they like you.

10. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

Timothy 2:9 says that women should dress themselves modestly.

I can only pray for this woman's soul.

[​IMG]

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Now that's a BIG BUTT (fine)

12. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

LOL That's awesome!

13. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

That is alot of......woman. I had to sign a disclaimer where I work to have nothing to do with social media and my employer. Under protest I put an X next to the X and told the HR Rep to sign it as a witness. She said "you can't do that". I said "I can and I just did". Her grievance against me was thrown out. To this day she still does not talk to me and it was nothing against her but the company. When I get written up, I do the same thing and say, " The only thing for you I sign is the back of my paycheck". I'm not here to be loved, I got a job to do.

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:icon_eek:

Been on GIF for less than 24 hours & we've already helped pave your way to Hell.

Our job here is done....