Kofi Kingston: The Future Of WWE?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by dublin mike, Nov 17, 2009.

1. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I've been growing more and more impressed w/Kingston over the past couple of months, but the show he put on at the Garden last night was really, REALLY good. The kind of stuff that pushes people into the main event picture. The New York crowd that started out pro-Orton was all Kofi by the end of that segment, and that's saying a lot considering how much they usually hate faces. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

dude is freaking athletic as hell, only bad thing is.. he's small.. and WWE really dont like pushing small people, .. example, evan bourne. Dude is the sickest mother hecker i've seen, but wont ever get a shot cuz of his size.

3. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

they gave RAY FREAKING MYSTERIO the FREAKING heavyweight title. the size argument holdsno water anymore

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

but yeah kofi kicks serious butt. hes one of the few reasons i watch wwe anymore

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Rey Mysterio & CM Punk certainly didn't get pushes for their size lol. It just depends who HHH/HBK likes at that time, and Vince flys with it. I do agree with you on Evan Bourne though, he is outrageously talented.

On topic, Kofi is deffo getting a pretty big push and I think this is just to test what he really has before he gets sent all the way. From what I've seen of him since he's dropped the Jamaican gimmick, he's been really impressive and has freshened up what has been an extremely dull & tedious MNR that has been raped by the formula of Guest Host getting crap from Jerishow, DX comes out and mocks them, Hornswoggle comes out and does a few crotch chops before beating Chavo in a random pathetic gimmick match, finishing up with Orton and Cena snitching.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

dropping the jamacan gimmick was the best thing wwe ever did for him.

6. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

If you look at some of the other newer guys they are pushing at the moment it seems fairly clear to see that the wwe think its a lot easier to build somebody as a heel, but to be fair they have recognised that he is very over with most crowds and have made him look really good in this feud with orton.

The best bit about dropping the gimmick was the was they had DX bring it up just to get it out of the way more quickly.