Late Season Superbowl Predicitions?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Arrowhead4Life, Nov 22, 2010.

1. As I sit here today I thnk that the NFL is cannot be predicted this year and there is no clear cut best team in the league as of right now and anyone can get beat any given sunday and I think that that slogan will be even bigger in this years postseason. The Superbowl favorites this year well their isnt any! Too many teams are in the run in that category this year.

Alright if I had to choose then right now I'd say Jets vs Eagles in a showdown of great hard nosed explosive defense (Jets) vs Superstar offensive talent and explosion (Eagles), although Im not comfortable or satisyied by any means with this pick. What are your thoughts and who do you think it will be on Super Sunday and waht itd bring to the table?

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Right now I don't have a clue. It's just a crap shoot with the way this season is going. I think the Jets have a better all around team than my Pats, but at QB and coaching we have a large advantage, which come Playoffs is big. However, I just am not happy with our D enough to feel comfortable about making that run. Right now Eagles are looking good, but Green Bay, Giants, and Atlanta are all strong posibilities. This year is so strange that someone can make a run at the end to take it, even a team like the Chargers. Great for the fans of a lot of teams, who think they have a shot at a Super Bowl this year.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This is the best season in a while because there is no right answer. Last year both super bowl teams were unstoppable. Now every team can win and lose and it isn't much of a shock.

4. See I was thinking the same thing in the aspect of the playoff race is so tight this year and I heard a quote from an analyst sunday saying no teams are up by more then 1 game in each division and I dont know if that changed over the weekend or not but that just shocked the hell out of me because we are in week 11 of the NFL and alot of teams are still in it and playing football with their hearts.

This year proves one thing the most that talent isnt always the most important thing in this league or sport....it also is as well as playing as a team and being disciplined and well coached and most importantly putting your heart and everything you have on the field each week and Sunday on the practice and game fields.

Alot of talented teams such as the cowboys and vikings, 49ers, and in the beginning chargers failed to do these things which is why some of if not most of those teams will be watching the postseason at home and teams with heart and coaching like the bucs, chiefs, and bears might be slipping into the postseason instead of those all mighty talented teams.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Patriots - Packers

6. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

10 year anniversary Superbowl?
    [​IMG]

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Still a little too hard to predict at this point...it's been a very strange season.

8. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Definitely hard to predict at this point. Granted, right now it looks like the Giants and Eagles may be the teams to beat in the NFC- however, the Falcons can't be counted out, and if the Saints offense continues rolling - you can never count them out.

On the AFC side, it's pretty much been New Engand and the Jets. The Jets showed a lot in the late touchdown score to beat the Texans on Sunday. But, you can't count out the Colts or the Ravens, either.

Its very hard to predict, but if I had to at this point,

Jets vs Eagles

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think there are several teams that have the ability to run the table in january/february if they play at the top of their games:

Patriots
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Jets
    Giants
    Saints
    Eagles
    Packers

It will all depend on which of these teams is playing at their highest level when it counts.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If I had to choose who I wanted now, I think I'd like to see Eagles over Ravens, that could be a great game

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Do not count out the Chargers. Their history in Nov/Dec is better than any other team in the NFL for the last 3 years. They have a fairly easy remaining schedule, especiallly if they get thru the Colts next game. I seriously expect them to win their division, and be tough in the Playoffs.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yes please!

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i haven't counted out the chargers all year in their own division race, even when others had put the nail in their coffin. however, the AFC is too loaded and the chargers aren't on the level of the pats, jets, steelers, and ravens, unless the chargers are playing their best ball and those other 4 teams are not. the chargers would need a LOT of help (all 4 of those teams to fall on their rods in january) to make it through to the big game. and even if they were lucky enuf to have all 4 of those teams choke in january, then they would need the nfc to choke in the SB. long odds if you ask me.