LeBron James Leads Way With 29 Points, 14 Boards As Heat Go Up 2-1

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

It's there every day for LeBron James and the Heat -- the sting of last year's NBA Finals loss.Two more wins and it will be a distant memory.James had 29 points and 14 rebounds, and the Miami Heat took a 2-1 lead in the NBA Finals with a 91-85 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday night. Dwyane Wade had 25 points, seven rebounds and seven assists for the Heat, who were in this same position through three games last year, then didn't win again against the Dallas Mavericks."We carry that pain with us," the Heat's Chris Bosh said. "We think about it every day and that really helps us to succeed in this series."James' poor performance was part of the problem then, but he seems on top of his game this time. His 3-pointer sent the Heat to the fourth quarter with the lead, and he scored five straight Miami points when the Heat were building just enough cushion to hold off another late flurry by the Thunder."Just trying to make plays," James said. "I told you guys, last year I didn't make enough game-changing plays, and that's what I kind of pride myself on. I didn't do that last year in the Finals. I'm just trying to make game-changing plays, and whatever it takes for our team to win, just trying to step up in key moments and be there for my teammates."

Source: ESPN