Legal Council Jeff Pash Says NFLPA Being Protective Of Saints Players

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Apr 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

NFL counsel Jeff Pash says the players' union is more intent on protecting the New Orleans Saints involved in the team's bounty scandal than supporting its members who could have been hurt by the pay-for-pain plan according to the Associated Press. Speaking to a group of Associated Press Sports Editors, Pash says the union's approach is "unfortunate." He says: "It's their players who put the safety of other players in jeopardy." Union spokesman George Atallah says the players association is obligated "to ensure that players have fair due process."

Source: The Redzone

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Let me get this straight......the NFL players association is protecting players.....oh my :icon_rolleyes:

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

but there was not a proven injury associated with the scandal. Still don't know how money will make you hit harder than you are already hitting. I am ready for this crap to end.

4. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

I agree with Pash. The NFLPA is protecting players who were trying to injure other players. Makes no sense to me.

5. Saintsfan1972

where's the proof????? the NFL sure as hell hasn't shown any

6. buffalobillsfan1

The tape is enough proof.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Isn't it the PA's JOB to protect their members? Is that not the whole point of having a union?

8. Saintsfan1972

the tape didn't hurt anyone and the on field play that day sure as hell didn't reflect g. williams rah rah speech....where's the on field proof? the ONLY video they have is the slaughter of farve....why do you think suspensions haven't been handed down yet? GODell has no proof

9. buffalobillsfan1

Whether they injured players or not, that was the intent. Even Greg Williams apologized for his actions. The players should have stood up for what is right.

10. Saintsfan1972

by not carrying out williams' wishes....they kind of did.

i am in no way condoning the bounty program....coaches were told to stop, they didn't, then lied about it....they should be punished (not as harsh as they were though). but until i see proof that the players did something illegal....i don't think they should be punished.

11. Saintsfan1972

BTW...welcome to the site :icon_cheesygrin:

i haven't debated with anyone like this for a while.....you'll fit in just fine

12. buffalobillsfan1

I'm sure the NFL has more evidence. I think there is no doubt certain players will be suspended, but obviously not as severe as the coaches.

13. buffalobillsfan1

Thanks man

14. Saintsfan1972

gotta go teach a clbutt.....i'll be back

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Would taking money for the hits warrant a suspension?

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yes sir I believe it does.

17. Saintsfan1972

yes....but how can it be proven is the problem

18. groenator

groenator Rookie

Saintsfan1972 is right...no proof from Godell at the moment or NFL... I don't agree with what Saints and Williams did but players shouldn't be be punished if there's no proof....(yet)

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

People keep saying "no proof no proof" but my question is there anyone on this board who works for Goodell and the investigation team? Because if not then you have absolutely no idea what evidence that is there. And I doubt that the public will ever know the full extent of any evidence.

20. Saintsfan1972

does it feel dirty to agree with a saints fan? :icon_cheesygrin: