Lightning Fire Head Coach Barry Melrose

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Roy31, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The Tampa Bay Lightning have relieved head coach Barry Melrose of his duties and named associate coach Rick Tocchet interim head coach. The Lightning are in the midst of a three-game slump and are 4-5-1 in the past 10 games, dropping them to fourth in the Southeast Division standings. Under Melrose, they won just five of 16 games to open the season (5-7-4).

Source: TSN.ca

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Sweet, now we are paying 2 coaches not to coach our team! Let's go Lightning!

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dear ESPN,
    Please do NOT rehire Barry. Let this
    latest failure prove what a hack this guy is. He couldn't win with Wayne freaking Gretzky on his team now he fails with Lecavalier. He ruins good talent. Sure it's funny when he says 'aboot' instead of 'about' or 'zed' instead of 'Z' but so do a lot of Canadians. Just pick anyone at random and put them on tv.

thank you

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Typical Melrose, blaming the players during an interview with ESPN. What an butt.

5. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Considering their off-season, it's got to take a crap coach to heck up this badly.

6. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

ok , and the bolts win again the prize , to be the last in the league ^^

but no really a surprise for me .....

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Maybe he'll go into modeling with that awesome mop of his, or maybe he'll star in some great 80's pop music videos.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

he can do anyhting but come back to espn, or any sports show for that fact

9. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

haha, they should have never hired him

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea i heard that. and was like what the hell. the season just started. I wonder if espn will take him back