Lions Could Deal WR Calvin Johnson?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Trade Calvin Johnson, that’s been a hot topic on sports radio and Internet message boards this week, as disgruntled Lions fans try to find new ways to fix an old problem: turning this franchise around. But the mere mention of dealing Johnson, the Lions’ No. 2 overall pick in 2007 and one of the league’s top receivers, draws a mixture of derision and dismay from his coaches and teammates. And to be clear, there’s no inclination by the Lions to explore the trade possibilities, Johnson, who is signed through 2012, actually earns less in salary ($2.58 million) this season than right guard Stephen Peterman or backup cornerback Anthony Henry and even in the final year of his contract, he’ll only make $4.7 million — about half what the Dallas Cowboys are paying for Roy Williams, whom the Lions traded last fall in the final year of his contract.

Source: Detroit News

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

that would be a huge mistake....

we'll take him

3. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

This move will put them in an even bigger hole, there will be no threat on there offense!:icon_frown:

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

A ridiculous amount would have to be given up, What the Cowboys gave up for Roy Williams, would actually be acceptable for Calvin Johnson. He's taking over the world if he gets out of Detroit.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Key point.....

Its just a guy righting an article he know's people will read

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Agreed....but I'd love for the pats to be able to give up the Raiders 2010 pick and a 2nd for Megatron....Put him with Moss and Welker and holy crap!

7. Jihad Joe

IF they were dumb enough to trade him......the bidding would start at 2 #1's

Allegedly Jones called when they were on the clock in 2007 and they wanted Ware and Witten

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Trade away your best player is always a great idea....

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I will give Ronnie Brown, Ted Ginn, Joey Porter, and a first for him.

10. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

it would be horrible to see Johnson go...... If he wants to be traded thats one thing but for the lions team to trade him is a mistake..........

we finally have what can shape up to be a good offense, some players just need the experiance..... losing our best offensive weapon will hurt...... now we need to work on our D line and some O line.

11. Jihad Joe

Once Stafford grow's megtron is gonna be the best WR in the NFL, and it wont be debateable. He is a guy thats capaple of 120-1,800-15. Once that duo clicks, I can see an average Johnson year 90-100 catches, 1,400-1700 yards, 12-17 TD's

12. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

this is just started by Mike Valenti on 97.1 beucase he is a NY/Boston guy he also brings up trading Miggy all the time

13. Jihad Joe

Since your in Michigan and know more about the chatter then us, this all sounds like some idiot fans think and posting......."Hmm r offense isnt reel gud now, so we ken traid Calvan Jonson for pix n git beder reel fast" and then hack journalist getting hold and running with it to boost there ratings/veiws? Am I right in this assumption

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm not the grammar police, not even a rent-a-grammar, just couldn't pass up the irony.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yup.

Hell, Peyton COULD be traded, too. Never happen though.

16. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

We have 2 #1s!

17. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

they can have car pick and next year's 1st. we need to grab a oline with the other