Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Fined $20,000 For Andy Dalton Hit

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Detroit Lions defensive end Ndamukong Suh has been fined $20,000 by the NFL for a hit on Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton. Suh responded on his Twitter account before Tuesday's practice: "$20,000REALLY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #NFL #BIGFAIL" The reigning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year grabbed the Bengals quarterback and threw Dalton to the turf after he had gotten rid of the ball late in the first quarter of Friday's preseason game. Suh was flagged for unnecessary roughness. Suh was fined twice last year for roughing up quarterbacks, including Chicago's Jay Cutler during the regular season and Cleveland's Jake Delhomme in a preseason game. Suh's cfreaking account can absorb the latest hit. His five-year contract is worth $40 million guaranteed and as much as $68 million.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qobyvv1AI&feature=player_embedded]Ndamukong Suh welcomes Andy Dalton to the NFL - YouTube[/ame]

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ridiculous.

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Com'onnnnnnnnn Man!

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

KING SUH BABY

6. dpn

dpn 18to44

WOWW!! Seems kind of excessive to me!

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I don't think it would've been so much had he not had him by his head and still pulled him down after the ball was gone. Stupid move, and it cost him big time.

8. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

weak, this is football

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

How is def player suppose to know when the bal is gone.. Thats why you play until the whistle blows... Weak butt move by NFL

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

10. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

^Omen types truth, in my opinion. I could definitely see an argument for him not knowing the ball was gone.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Looks like Suh is the The 2011 Winner of the NFL Fines Idol...

12. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I would say he should know he got rid of the ball because Dalton threw it before he ever laid a hand on him.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If anyone is shocked that a known headhunter got fined for throwing down a quarterback by his head, ripping his helmet off in the process... then you must not have been paying attention last year.

This will happen 10 out of 10 times from now on. Especially if it's a quarterback.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He had to know his helmet was off. That there is when he should have held on to him.

15. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Agreed.. That and he should know the rules.. If a player has the ball and his helmet comes off the play is whistled dead Johnny on the spot.

16. Omen

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Still, he had to have seen his helmet off. Just holding him would have been enough.

18. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

19. Suh is old school.......I like that.

20. Omen

They changed the rule.?.??? Pussies... I was not aware

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk