Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Would Welcome Albert Haynesworth In Detroit

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 14, 2011.

1. There's little question that the strength of the Lions' defense — and really, the team — last season was the defensive line. The trade for DT Corey Williams was an unquestioned winner and DT Ndamukong Suh was a star from the minute he hit the field. DE Cliff Avril had a bounce-back season and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch offered glue, guts and leadership before he went down with injury, but there are some who believe the Lions could seek to make this area potentially even better. There have been reports that the Lions could kick the Redskins' tires to see what it might take to acquire Albert Haynesworth. Pro Football Weekly spoke to Suh this week, and the Pro Football Weekly/PFWA Rookie of the Year said he would welcome Haynesworth to the Lions. "I definitely like the group the way it is, but if we were able to have the opportunity and it was my decision to allow Albert Haynesworth to join our team, I would love for him to be able to join our group," Suh told PFW. "He's been in this exact scheme, he's been with Coach Jim Schwartz, been with Gunther Cunningham, been with Kyle Vanden Bosch. I think it would be a great addition. He's the one guy that when I was in college I watched closely my last two years. I tried to steal some things from his game and understand how he was beating players. Being able to have a guy like that at our own disposal, it would be great to be able to work with him and be able to talk to him about football."

Source: Pro Football Weekly

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
  2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Why, so he can drag your team back into the abyss?

3. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

a motivated haynesworth and suh would be the best defensive tackle tandem in the league.

unfortunately, haynesworth being able to stay motivated of the course of an entire season will never happen.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

It would be an amazing tandem if Albert wasnt likely to whine and snitch all season long, dont do it Detroit.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

in that 43 al would be happy and be the best tandem ever...seriously of all time, heck the williams wall and any other duo of interior dlinemen

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Has Suh proved his worth enough to give his ok to bring in a 9 year veteran? Just curious.

7. K Train

absolutely

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

he hasn't done jack since 2008...do they really think he's going to change???

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

This...

Would he really change? I doubt it. If they can negotiate a deal that is team friendly, then give it a shot...why not...

10. K Train

suh+haynesworth+fairley

christ, id watch every lions game

11. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Would it matter if he didn't work out? They have Fairley. The only reason I see them wanting Haynesworth is until Fairley gets reps in with the team in a team-organized setting. Can't knock them for trying to get ready for the upcoming season. That defense is going to be nasty, regardless.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Haynesworth would just be a bad influence on a young team. That d-line is already badass, adding that douchebag won't help at all.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

Hell, switch to a 5-2 in that case. Screw it. If you could somehow get all three of those guys giving 100% on every play, I'd hand them the division right now.

That is, if 'Glass Matthew' could somehow stay healthy.

14. Dragonite

All Haynesworth would have to do is give 50% on that line and they would win the division.

15. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Crowning Lions as NFC North Champions already, if the line plays up to their expectations? Lol. I know that would be a monster DLine, but I don't know about as far as giving them the division just yet. As said, Stafford has to stay healthy. They would be in the running, no doubt.

16. Dragonite

Well yeah I guess Stafford would have to stay healthy, but they did quite well without him last year.