Lions Interested In Trading For Chiefs DE Glenn Dorsey?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 20, 2010.

1. The Lions could be interested in acquiring defensive end Glenn Dorsey from the Chiefs, according to Bill Williamson of ESPN. There is belief that Kansas City could deal Dorsey if the right offer comes along. He did not make a big splash over two seasons with the Chiefs as a former first-round pick, but could potentially benefit from a change of scenery.

Source: RotoTimes.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He's not going anywhere.

3. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

If the Lions get Dorsey, they wouldn't draft Suh or McCoy. Hello, Russell Okung!

I want this to happen, for Stafford's sake.

What could they trade? a 2 and Julian Peterson/Cliff Avril to give the Chiefs a linebacker (Because the other things they have now are not linebackers, apart from Derrick Johnson, but he's in Haley's doghouse......maybe 'cos he's good?)

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[Lions] Lions Interested In Trading For Chiefs DE Glenn Dorsey?

And I'm interested in the Phoenix Suns re-signing Amare` Stoudemire to a max contract extension as well as signing LeBron James and Chris Bosh in the off-season.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It's not as far-fetched as you might think. The Chiefs run a 3-4 and have not been happy with how Dorsey fits the scheme. Dorsey was a top pick of the previous regime. Plus Julian Peterson is on the wrong side of 30 and has a huge contract that the Lions would dump at the right price.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

avril is on their untouchable list....the 34th overall pick would probably suffice

7. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Will not happen, the only way Pioli will move Dorsey is if someone grossly overpays.....kinda like the Raiders always do.

8. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

How do you know? I've heard nothing but very positive things about Dorsey from this organization, and with the exception of Flowers, he was one of the best defenders last season.

Want an example of what Dorsey means to this defense as far as the run goes? The defense averaged around 150 yards rushing yards against per game. I know that's not good at all, in fact that's next to last, but ONE GAME without Dorsey against the BROWNS and a no name running back, this defense gives up over 250 rushing yards. No way is Dorsey not at least a steady performer on an overall terrible defense.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Is he still getting leaner and faster?

That's a good indication of where he'll end up.

I think it's with us.

10. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Bad move #1
    Genn Dorsey, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali (the three best Chief front-7 players, yes?) Are excellent fits for a 4-3 or cover-2 scheme. They lack either the size (Johnson), mobility (Hali) or are simply wasted (Dorsey) in the 3-4.

If he is, he won't be a Chief. From what I saw of you guys this year, you love fat, slow defenders.

11. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Looked like the Seahawks did too.

12. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Nah, our guys are fast but just cant tackle or get off blocks.

13. K Train

if they swapped picks with the lions and gave up dorsey for a 3rd round pick i think that would be perfect.

the chiefs could get a stud 34end in mccoy to pair up with jackson and another player at the top of the 3rd, then the lions could get okung at 5 to keep stafford upright and they get a stud DT tp play next to SLH and they could grab a DE or something at pick 34 there will be a ton of them

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

From the Chiefs to the Lions, what a great deal for Dorsey

15. K Train

it actually would be....he would be much more effective in the lions defense and much more likely to either get a big extension or signed for big money as a FA

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

More money - yes, more effective - prolly, but he will stil be with a losing team

17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Detroit are on the right track. Franchise QB (Stafford), Some weapons for him (Pettigrew, Megatron, Williams), Improving pass rush (Avril/Dorsey?), Solid Linebackers (Peterson/Sims), Young, talented safety (Delmas)

They just need more pieces. If they can grab a couple of OL and some secondary help this offseason I think they can jump out of the bottom 10