Lions Looking To Trade Their Number Two Overall Pick

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 23, 2010.

1. The Detroit Lions are actively shopping the second overall pick in April's draft, according to a league source, and would be very comfortable trading down, looking to stockpile three or four assets. The Lions have already been in discussions with other teams about the prospect, according to the source, and have ample time to make such a move before the draft begins April 22. Given the uncertain labor and economic climate in the NFL, finding a trading partner might not be easy, but the possibility remains that a club may want to move into the top two to ensure it lands one of the two dominant defensive tackles in the draft, Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh and Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy, who many draft experts rate as by far the best players in this draft.

Source:
    NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Puggs

Puggs Special Teamer

:icon_eek:

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Interesting! although i am sure that there are plenty of teams that would want to trade the lions 2nd round pick

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Like who?

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

its probably gettin to expensive having to pay for all these top 2 picks

6. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea if TB and St. Louis trade goes down before the draft(which i think is a great trade btw for the Rams if it has legs) then this would signal they arent as high on Mccoy as others are.

7. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

I would think a lot of teams would be willing. It gets labeled a 2nd round pick but it is pick #34...or almost a low #1.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If I'm not mistaken, it is the 2nd overall, not 2nd round pick.

9. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

what this says to me is they want to take a RB (CJ Spiller) or a OT (Russell Okung) to help Stafford

but they dont want to pay either at #2 so they want to drop to 5-10

10. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Cowboys anyone?

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i am not as high on mccoy as i am on suh....so i dont blame them because teams are salivating over both of them and i would give suh an elite grade but mccoy a top 10 grade.

i would freaking love that #2 pick and i would pick okung or anthony davis and i would have zero problem doing it

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You poor, simple bastard.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm sure the first 7 picks will be a hard sell because of the money.

14. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

i had made the same mistake but i do think that the seahawks have two 1st round and I'm sure they could give up their 2nd round and a first for the 2nd overall pick

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Never happen.