Lions Ndamukong Suh Apologizes For Pulling Cowboys RB Marion Barber's Hair

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh did not -- according to NFL rules -- do anything wrong when he pulled Cowboys running back Marion Barber down by his hair on Sunday. But Suh says he's sorry anyway and he approached Barber during the game to say so. "I went up to him to apologize because I'm not a dirty player," Suh told the Detroit News. "He said, 'No worries. It's the name of the game.'" That is a nice gesture from Suh, who can deliver vicious hits on the field but acts like a gentleman off it but the truth is, Suh did absolutely nothing wrong when he pulled Barber down by his hair. NFL rules are clear that defensive players are allowed to tackle ball carriers by their hair, and if a running back like Barber chooses to have his hair flowing out of his helmet, it's his problem if he gets tackled by it. In fact, if anyone is owed an apology, it's Suh, who was wrongly flagged for a horsecollar tackle when he pulled Barber down by his hair. "I mean his hair is long enough to go probably midway through his back, which is covering up his collar," Suh said. "If you go back on the replay, I just tugged it and then jumped on his back."

Source: NFLFanhouse

2. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

Looked like he horsecollared him to me.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Then read the definition of the horse collar rule. He didn't come remotely close to it.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Then you have terrible vision. Or a really small, standard definition TV.

Why the hell apologize? This dude makes the choice to have his dreads hanging out the back of his helmet.

I don't understand Suh. Apologizes for pulling Barber's hair, but talks about punishing quarterbacks.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree with bigsexy. suh did nothing wrong and did not need to apologize. if a guy wants his hair long (especially a ball carrier), he's got to expect it's going to happen from time to time.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

he should have pulled the freaking hair right out of barber's head.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Maybe he doesn't want to tackle like a snitch and pull someone down by their hair.. I'm sure thats how he felt, and he went face to face to him and apologized like a grown man.

8. CaptainStubing

i totally disagree. it's obvious he was instinctually trying to grab a hold of the runner with both hands and his left hand accidentally grabbed a fistful of hair (because it practically covers half of his back) and as soon as he realized he had his hair, he let go.

if that was a snitch tackle then players should apologize every time they barely make a shoelace tackle or tackle them by their facemask or roll up on someone's knee .............

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Wearing your long hair hanging half over your numbers is much more snitch like then being the player who tackles you by it.

10. CaptainStubing

well said

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Quite an ironic quote from a self-proclaimed hippie.:icon_cheesygrin:

12. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

Is << this >> the play in question. It is the play I thought was flagged, but this isnt Suh tackling him.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Imo he should apologize for apologizing

There is way too many apologies going around football lately it is being pussified

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm sorry you feel that way.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's not like he sent him a card and had a 1-hour apology special on ESPN. He heckin looked at him after the play and probably said "my bad bro", wtf is the big deal? That doesn't make him "soft" does it T.O.?