Lions WR Calvin Johnson Hints That He'll Leave Detroit Unless They Win

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Not many wide receivers who were taken with a high draft pick come into the NFL having experienced a lot of losing. Because, after all, they're usually pretty high-profile guys playing for high-profile colleges (the last first-rounder taken from a school that isn't an automatic BCS qualifier was Roddy White in 2005). Unfortunately, a lot of these dudes end up on the Detroit Lions (thanks Matt Millen!) as well as other losing franchises, and so it's tough to adjust. So tough, in fact, that one in particular -- Calvin Johnson -- indicated that, having put up with four whole losing seasons in Detroit, he might be ready to get the fudge out. "Put it like this, if we turn this thing into a winner, I’m happy," Johnson said on his weekly radio show via the Detroit Free Press. "I’ve won 11 games since I’ve been here in four years. Losing definitely sucks and you definitely don’t want to be around losing. You can’t get used to that. I can’t get used to it because I haven’t come from that. I’ve been used to winning. And if this thing can’t get turned around, man, like I said — I’m just going to leave it at I can’t get used to it. I want to win."

Source: CBSSports

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  2. UNLEASHthaBEAST

UNLEASHthaBEAST NFLPA Warlock Assassin

Would LOVE to have megatron in silver and black...

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sorry Beast but dibs.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He'll want to go somewhere with a top qb...but yeah that would be epic.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Hint your butt over to Chicago, CJ. Your locker's ready...

6. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Some would call him a baby because things aren't going his way... I, on the other hand, aren't "some"... Come on SF, first get a coaching staff who can WIN, so you can bring C.J. over to a team who can win!!!

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Do you really blame him

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Not again you bastage! :icon_frown:

9. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Silver and Black baby, please. Lets finish this year with a decent record, then next year with a winning record and then we can lure Megatron over.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It seems like the Lions are finally poised to change this thing around over the next year or two, and your thinking about jumping ship now?

C'mon CJ. Don't come out with this crap. You know your butt is going to get franchised till you sign a deal anyways.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You guys crack me up. Like the Lions are going to let him even SNIFF free agency.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Every single team in the league wants this guy. Someone will make him the highest paid receiver ever, by a good margin. Are the Lions going to be able to do that?

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yes. After all the WRs they drafted, they released the two busts, traded the third, and have found the cornerstone of the offense.

He's already got a very large contract (No. 2 pick Johnson signs 6-year deal with Detroit - NFL - ESPN). Sure they'll have to bump the numbers up a little bit, but this isn't some 4th round success story who will be getting a massive pay increase.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Wow....CJ and a couple of wins and suddenly this board is crawling with Raiders fans. I agree that CJ won't be leaving Detroit for several years.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Irony much? You certainly can relate to hiding when the Eagles lose.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah....sure I do Crowned. Sure I do.