Looking To Set The Market On VCash, Need Some Imput From The Members

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Apr 12, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

vbCredits allows us to setup many ways members can earn vCash on the site. All the items below can be given a value to pay out. I don't know if all of them are worth putting a value to but I think some might help in giving members incentive to be active. I have listed the options below, and would love to hear from members as to what they think the vCash value should be for the options they like. Remember, we want to keep it reasonable so that earning vCash promotes active membership.

Induction Credit
    Applied when user first joins this usergroup such as by registration, subscription, manually, etc.

Referral Credit
    Applied when a referral is validated. This is checked every midnight.
    Additive Referral Bonus
    This is multiplied against each user's referral points, and then multiplied against all other credit awards. You can set the number of valid referrals per referral point, and the maximum referral points attainable.

Paycheck Credit
    Applied every set time period with no particular restrictions.

Activity Credit
    Applied every set time period if the user qualifies as having been active during that period.

Birthday Credit
    Applied at midnight on the birthday of each user.

Granted Reputation Credit
    Applied when this user gives reputation to others. Can be set to multiply against the absolute reputation given.

Received Reputation Credit
    Applied when the user receives reputation. Can be set to multiply against the amount of reputation received.

Infraction Credit
    Applied when user receives an infraction. You probably want this to be negative as a penalty, and can be set to multiply against the infraction points.

New Thread Credit

Thread Rated Credit

Posting Credit
    Applied for all valid posts, except when creating a new thread or replying to your own thread.

Your Thread Posting Credit
    Applied for all valid posts made in a thread which they originally created.

Post Size Credit
    Applied in addition to any posting credits, for every word or character.

Your Thread Viewed Credit
    Applied to the thread owner when their thread is viewed. Does not count on the owner, and can be set to not count for guests either.

Your Thread Rated Credit
    Applied to the thread owner when their thread is rated. Does not count on the owner, and can be set to multiply against the rating.
    Your Thread Replied Credit
    Applied to the thread owner when their thread is posted in. Does not count on the owner.

Your Profile Viewed Credit
    Applied to the profile owner when their profile is viewed. Does not count on the owner, and can be set to not count for guests either.
    Poll Created Credit

Poll Voted Credit

Attachment Credit
    Applied when uploaded.

Sent PM Credit
    Applied when user sends a PM, but does not prevent the action.

Calendar Event Credit
    Applied when an event is added.

Profile Picture Credit
    Applied when a profile picture is added.

Profile Fields Credit
    Applied when the user has enough custom profile fields filled out.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This.

Also if they get something 'Liked'.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Post size should not be rewarded ....you'll get people posting nonsensical bullcrap just make cash

4. SRW

I have to check to see if there is a tie-in for vBSEO's "Likes" and the vCash modification. Hopefully there is since to me it seems like a simple tie in. However, vbSEO is known for being a bit prude about their work and not liking changes to the "concept" of their modifications.
    Yeah, what about a reasonable amount for at least not a one word post or something so short it would maybe have been better off being sent as a rep or like.

5. Omen

Yup I agree like

OMG LOL blah blah

I think a poster should get cash for starting threads ....maybe for number of hits and replies in said thread

6. Omen

Same with pm credit maybe that should nit be rewarded we doubt need a poster mass pming everyone to get cash

7. SRW

Damn....not a bite since the 12th. So I take it vCash isn't an incentive on the site then?

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I can't think of much I care less about

9. SRW

Well then there is hope for us all.

10. Omen

I do but more during the season I bet more on NFL....and ufc....