Marbury Boston Bound?

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Jihad Joe, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

ESPN - Sources: Marbury, Celtics interested in deal

Dont know what to think about this. I wasnt happy that they brought in Miles for a look, but Marbury isnt the poison Miles is. Him and KG had a good relationship in Minnesota, so that might make a difference. Ive never been a huge fan of Starbury, but if he can find a niche here, he could fit in well with Rondo's D oriented point

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think marbury would be a great option off the bench.

3. Jihad Joe

Could be

The problem is will that role suit him as a player, can he thrive. If he can thrive with 20 minutes a game, he is a great compliment to Rondo. If not I would rather see those minutes go to House, who doesnt have near Marbury's skills, but is gonna play his butt off every night.

Im also very skeptical of the layoff. This could be Steve Francis 2

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Please, God!! Let it happen!! Can't wait to see Me-bury destroy the Celtics season :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't care if we get peanuts in return...just freaking take him!!!

5. Jihad Joe

You wont get anything, you'll buy him out

There is no way he destroy's Boston. If he doesnt work out, goodbye. No way Marbury can poison a championship team with Garnett, Peirce and Shuttlesworth

6. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Yes he can. Trust me. Lakers will win with Me-bury on the Celts.

7. Jihad Joe

If the Lakers win, it will have little to do with Marbury and more to do with actually growing some balls

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Egcl2YXWc"]YouTube - NBA Finals 08 BOS@LA Gm4 Ray Allen dances w/Sasha Vujasnitch[/ame]

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

crap niether team is going to win this is the mother freaking king's year

9. Jihad Joe

IMO the Cavs have much a better chance than LA

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i totally agree with that i believe if we can some how make it thru boston the championship is ours to lose

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Screw it...I don't care...just throw him away...

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I just hope the final isnt celtics and lakers again.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't think I would risk adding him if I were the Celtics. They've got great chemistry as it is.

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The guy should just cut his losses and piss off to Russia.

15. Jihad Joe

For what it would take to get him, they could get rid of him easily if need be. This early in the season they have plenty of time to evalute him on the roster.

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I guess you're right because of the position that the Celtics are in. It's not like it's late in the season that it would matter much to them.

17. Jihad Joe

It should work better than Cassel last year, even tho Cassel was a much higher caliber person. He came over too late to work himself into rythem with the team, and did little

The thing with Rondo is that his offensive game, and scoring/shooting in particular is so marginal that it can suffocate the whole team for long stretch's. The only times our offence really rolled in the Finals was when House was on point

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Like your sig JJ.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Does Boston really want this cancer?

20. Jihad Joe

Flynn = Baller