Mayweather Granted License For May 5 Fight Against Cotto

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Sportsguy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Floyd Mayweather Jr. said Wednesday he will fight Miguel Cotto on May 5 in Las Vegas.Mayweather made the announcement after getting a conditional one-fight license and a lecture from Nevada athletic commissioners, who told the fighter, his manager-promoter and his lawyer they want a prefight report May 1 to ensure Mayweather abides by conditions set by a Nevada judge in a criminal domestic violence case that will have him begin serving 90 days in jail June 1.Commission Chairman Raymond "Skip" Avansino Jr. said it would be a "tragedy" if Mayweather didn't meet the requirements to make the multimillion-dollar Cinco de Mayo bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena."But we think Mr. Mayweather is certainly going to comply with this," Avansino said.The commission unanimously granted the one-fight license, after Commissioner Pat Lundvall told Mayweather he can't postpone or delay serving his jail sentence and must stay out of trouble for the 14-plus weeks he's training to take on Cotto."I'm just happy to be fighting May 5," Mayweather said as he emerged from the hearing room. "They granted me one fight. I need to conduct myself like a gentleman and do everything that the court ordered and then come back in front of them and show them that I deserve to have a license for a whole year."

Source: CBS Sports

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

FIGHT PACMAN god **mn IT!

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This ^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Mayweather has always, and will always be a cat. He's an insult to the great fighters before him.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

truth

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Anyone see Mayweather's tweet yesterday?

"I'm fighting Miguel Cotto on May 5th because Miss Pac Man is ducking me."

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

total twat of a man. he set that date purposely because he knew pacman couldnt do it. freaking happy. i almost wanna create a twitter account just to rip into this c**t but then i remembered i'm not a lifeless dolt.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

mayweather cotto was an awesome fight...first time ive seen mayweather have to brawl a bit in a long time.

mayweather pac is next, it has to be theres literally no one left for either of them.

i think mayweather beats pac if they fight at 154

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

unless masyweather stops ducking it aint happening at any weight.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wtf was Justin Bieber doing in Mayweather's corner?

12. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Trying to boost his street cred. :Loco:

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I wish Cotto had knocked him out.