McDaniels Fired

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Walnuts, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

WOW, didn't see that coming, at least this soon. Didn't they just say his job was safe?

3. only thing surprising is the timing.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

HOLY CRAP. extremely surprising. that's 3 head coaches fired in-season after only 3 coaching changes were made all of last offseason.

5. Now I bet Bowlen really regrets firing Mike Shanahan.......

6. This also effects Tim Tebow's future with the club as well......unless someome like Jon Gruden comes aboard.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What does this mean for Tebow? :icon_sad: :icon_cry:

8. this

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

One day his job is safe, and next he's fired. Welcome to the NFL coaching ranks. As I've said before, it was a stupid move for McDaniels to take the Broncos job for his first go around as a head coach. He wasn't going to get the time to build his team, and learn from his mistakes with a team that had high enough expectations that they didn't keep Shanahan. I think he'll end up as a good head coach down the road, but he'll probably have to go back to an Assistant for a while.

10. If someone like Gruden gets hired......then Tebow may still be the QB of the future. He was enamored with the guy during the draft.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
  11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I would assume that they already have a plan in place to fire him midseason...if theyre thinking about bringing in their long-trem solution right away it would have to be someone not under contract, ie Gruden, Billick, someone like that.

12. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

He had it coming, his team was always soft and unprepared.

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Came in, destroyed the franchise, fired.

1 person likes this.
  14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

This. His ego destroyed the team.

15. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I hope they hire Billick. Interim coach?

Mike Shanahan is smiling.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not shocking. What's shocking is that it was before Singletary.

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Cmonnnnnn Browns OC..

I don't know what his relationship is with Bill, which would obviously be key. To get along with Mangini, you probably have to say "heck BB" 3x in a mirror in some kind of initiation or something.

19. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

this is great. trade your qb for orton and eventully TOOLbow.... get rid of one of the best WR in the league for ex-pats, brandon lyod and a rookie from GT. then get beat by a so called "weak" division. ya josh you hecked yourself. hey look at my resume? lane kiffin has it better off haha.

20. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Oh this is priceless lmao right after the Chiefs game lol im going 2 have a hay day with this 1 4 years on donk fans lolololololololol