Mike Holmgren Suggests Browns QB Colt McCoy Will Start In 2011

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Mike Holmgren inched closer to declaring Colt McCoy as the Browns’ No. 1 quarterback. In an interview this week on ESPN Chicago, the Browns’ president alluded to McCoy while explaining why he hired Pat Shurmur as head coach. “I hired Pat because I think we have a good young quarterback,â€￾ Holmgren said, “and I wanted an offensive-minded head coach. It pretty much boiled down to that. And, I wanted one familiar with the system I was familiar with.â€￾ The day Shurmur was hired, neither Holmgren nor general manager Tom Heckert would say McCoy is good enough to keep them from spending their top pick in the draft, No. 6 overall, on a quarterback. In tying the Shurmur hire to McCoy, Holmgren came closer to identifying McCoy as the starting quarterback for 2011 and beyond.

Source: Canton Repository

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I really believe McCoy will do fine. I don't think he is HOF material but the kid will manage the game well. One thing I really like about McCoy is, he is a winner. Always has been. Even the players on the Browns are quoted as to say the kid is a winner and a leader. Being a Texas fan I am rooting for him. :beer:

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If he can win in Cleveland, he's my new favorite person in the world

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

They'd be goobered if he wasn't the starter in 2011...lol.

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

:icon_cheesygrin: