Mike Munchak to interview for Detroit Lions head coaching job

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sportsguy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Former Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak is scheduled to interview Friday with the Detroit Lions regarding their head-coaching vacancy, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.

San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt remains the front-runner to be the next coach of the Lions, who fired Jim Schwartz last week following a 7-9 season.

Munchak was fired Saturday after his third season with the Titans, who also went 7-9. A Hall of Fame offensive lineman, Munchak spent 31 years as either a player or coach with the Titans franchise.

Munchak will be accompanied at the Lions interview by former Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, sources told Werder.

Loggains also is scheduled to interview Wednesday with the New York Giants for their offensive coordinator job and is being sought after by other NFL head-coaching candidates who want to include him as part of their projected staffs.

Source: Continue Reading

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Hmmm. Is that really an upgrade over Schwartz?

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Considering the Titans had comparable records to the Lions during the Munchak era with considerably less talent, I'd say he'd be an upgrade. Plus the Titans organisation seems to make it hard on the coaches to put together anything resembling a play-off calibre team (Correct me if I'm wrong Titans fans, just a casual viewpoint), so he's probably worth the punt.

Oh, and Schwartz is a freaking loony.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Well, i can't argue with any of that. All valid points.