Mike Tomlin, Steelers Facing Fine, Possible Loss Of Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Dec 1, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's near-interference with Ravens kick returner Jacoby Jones on Thursday night is the subject of “an aggressive review,â€￾ according to a league source and is likely to result in stiff financial penalties for the coach and the team, and perhaps the forfeiture of a draft pick.

Tomlin, as a head coach and as someone who was recently appointed to the NFL's powerful Competition Committee, erred in being that close to the field of play, no matter what, and while the NFL can't legislate his intent, the league's past handling of these issues speaks to the seriousness with which it takes the matter.

Source: CBSSports.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bush league move on his part IMO.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Dumb move....but loss of a draft pick would be way too severe.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

heavy fine im ok with, loss of draft picks over that, seems super harsh

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Probably trying to set a precedent that you can't just get fined for pulling a potentially game-changing move like this. I wouldn't be opposed to them taking away a late draft pick.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

did anyone notice the auburn assistance coach doing the exact same thing last night, but no one has made a big deal about that

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

This?

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

It was dumb,but it should not involve taking away a draft pick.

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I agree with this viewpoint. Gotta make a hard stand or we could see this crap getting pulled more often in the future. Fine his ass, take away a 5th Rounder or something, lesson learned for all.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I wouldn't take a draft pick, but I'm totally fine with a fine and 1-2 game suspension. Don't think a fine on its own is enough, they need to hit him on this one.

13. Badger

Badger Rookie

Total bush league movie and he clearly did it on purpose. Im a fan of a huge fine and suspending him but taking away a draft pick might be a bit severe. Im not sure that you can punish the entire organization for the stupid move of a coach.

14. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I agree 100 %

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Jets were fined $100,000 for that Sal Alosi and he was later fired, I think there will be a fine. A suspension? Probably not. The NFL usually doesn't suspend head coaches and upper management like that.

16. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Draft pick?

Pure Goodell...

17. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

18. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

19. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

New angle...

We all knew he did it on purpose but this is as bad as Jason Kidd saying 'hit me' so he could delay the end of the game by spilling his drink.

Double the fine for piss poor acting...

20. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

still think a draft pick is a freaking joke. fine him, sure. draft pick is too much.

as far it being intentional, maybe. but i'm also hardpressed to believe he'd choose that game over all the games since he took over the team as well as all the games going forward. seems far less important than others, if you ask me. but hey, maybe he did. that "new angle" doesn't prove anything to me beyond slow reaction time.