Mir, Nogueira Breathe New Life Into TUF

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Sep 16, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

The past two seasons of the Ultimate Fighter have been met with criticism on two levels. The first is that the show, which launched mixed martial arts' popularity in North America, was growing stale.After all, how many times can you watch unknown fighters training, struggling to make weight and fighting in front of a small audience in the gym before it all starts looking the same?

Source: Mir, Nogueira breathe new life into TUF (from Yahoo! Sports) | MMAjunkie.com

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I've watched every single TUF season and have been interested in them all. This season I'm incredibly excited for solely b/c I think if Mir is in shape and on his game, he can test Nog for a couple of rounds in their fight at the shows end. I also am excited to see Nog coaching w/ Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida as assistants. Frank Mir has impressed me as a commentator and his last fight preview showed he's a very smart trainer as well.

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Youve watched all of them?

Last year when they were Drunk and you could see War Machine hitting himself and your hearing the impact of his punches. And he was laughing :Loco:

That was good.

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I've seen every TUF season. I have missed an episode here or there each season, but I've watched every one.

5. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Your fav MMA fighter is Anderson Silva. He is one hell of a fighter. Your money is safe with him.:icon_cool:

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Anything can happen. I won't rule out a Patrick Cote win next month either. This is MMA. A punch, kick, choke, arm bar, injury could happen any time. I'm no fool. Everytime people start saying someone is a gauranteed lock, they lose. Except for Fedor of course.

7. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Cote is favorite here. But you dont know. They say 1 rnd KO Silva of course

8. Vyse314

Vyse314 Slayer of beasts!

i understand that anything can happen in a fight but give me a break.

franklin, marquardt and henderson are all higher level fighters than cote and they couldnt get anywhere near anderson. dan henderson had the best chance out of all of them and he got shut the heck down. i see the same thing happening to cote. 2nd round ktfo

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I see and basically agree w/ everything you're saying, but I will NEVER jinx my favorite fighter.