MLB Roll Call...

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by diesel, Mar 3, 2013.

1. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

Remember watching the cards with my uncle been a fan every since...man,i think it was the mid 80's...

Dawk,BITB,Ward:phillies
    Walnuts:SF Giants
    SRW,Duke:Mets
    Ragman:Rangers
    Steve12,DaBears:los...err i mean Cubs :)
    MJ,:Marlins
    CPGOBrowns,Mike S:Orioles
    BS81,TJ:Mariners
    Omen:Braves
    Mush:Rays

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

My dad was in the navy, and he was stationed in Sardinia for 3 years. We came back to the US in July of 1976, during the bicentennial celebration. I had just turned 7. I thought every day was a party in the states, because Philadelphia was in full patriotic mode.

I tried to suck in all I could of life in my home country. We stayed at my grandparents house for a couple of weeks until our house was ready. My grandfather was a die-hard Phillies fan, so I watched games with him. I fell in love with the game and the Phils instantly.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

All the "big kids" on my block when I was in preschool were big into the A's and Raiders (Hayward, CA), so of course I was as well. Then the Raiders went to LA so it was all about the 49ers and A's. Grew up an A's fan but then didn't follow baseball at all to speak of from my mid-teens to early-20's, and when I got back into it I was surrounded by Giants fans so there it is. Giants ever since, although I'm still quite fond of the A's.

[​IMG]

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Grew up in the middle of the Mets heydays back in the 80's. To think that team only won one World Series....

5. DawkinsINT

I used to always go to a baseball card store in the 80s. One day Mookie Wilson came in to talk to the owner about a signing session or something. I hung out with Mookie's son playing video games. While I no longer remember the specifics of what he did or said, I remember thinking that Mookie's kid was the dumbest human I ever met.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i became a phillies fan through my 8th grade class when my teacher used to always come in pissed that the phillies keep losing he was even offering some tickets to us for free because he said whats the point there gonna lose anyway lol. [MENTION=536]DawkinsINT[/MENTION] knows about those crapty days lol

so yea ive been a fan of the crapty phils since then lol really nice to see them win a title in 08. Wish i could have seen that teacher when they actually won lol.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Born and raised a Mets fan. Came home from the hospital in a Mets cap when I was born. It's a curse.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I was always surprised your a eagles and mets fan. as a all philly fan i hate new york teams lol. Mets fans are way better then yankee fans though.

yankee fans :bad:

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rangers fan here. Not expecting much this year because of no Hamilton, and I think Cruz will be suspended for 50 games for taking PEDs.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Phillies...from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Can't tell you how many times I re-enacted the Bob Boone/Pete Rose bobble/catch in the back yard...scuffed many a baseball bouncing it on the driveway to give the ball back to Tugger.

11. DawkinsINT

I want to print this post out and make sweet sweet love to it.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm a cubs fan. I just remember sitting at my grandma's house once and she was watching a cubs game. Sosa hit a single and ran to first, and my grandma told me how he was her favorite player. So he became my favorite player and the cubs became my favorite team. Obviously this was way before his fall from grace.

It's tough being a cubs fan. I just tell myself that i was born in the right time, so I'll get to see them win a world series.

My email is based on Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. How cool is that? Lol

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I'm a marlins.......... yeah my best memory was at a game with my dad having Charles Johnson throw a ball to him, only to have an butthole take it from him. We got a HR ball later so ha....

14. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Orioles since the early 80's. Late 70's really, but I don't remember too much from that part of it. I remember going to games at Memorial stadium with my grandparents. At the first game that I remember going to, Rick Dempsey hit a home run that landed in the row in front of us. My grandmother went to 1 or 2 games a year and NEVER saw them lose. Hundreds of games when you add it all up. In 1988 when the O's started 0-21 she was at their first home win (back when the Brewers were in the AL and the Indians and Tigers were in the AL East). We used to joke about getting her season tickets.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's funny what kind of influence the "grandmas" have on the baseball teams we root for...

16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Freaking Cubbies all the way, well not since 1908.

17. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Got to give it up for the grandmas that took their grandkids to games while growing up. During the summer I remember my grandma using her program to use as a fan to cool down my bro and I at Wrigley. Ah good times.

18. diesel

It was hard for me to like this post..lol

19. diesel

Thanks for all the stories...all of them take me back..Love sports memories.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Grew up in San Diego and liked the Padres a little, but really got into baseball a few years ago behind this suck-ass team. I got mad love for them though. Went to 12 games last year, I believe. Took my kid to five or six.

Lot of young talent on the squad (I don't wanna take about Bay), and I really like Eric Wedge and Zduriencik. Hope they can put all of the pieces together this year.

[​IMG]