Mock Me For My Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, Mar 31, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

So I was bored Friday and came up with a mock 1st round! I decided I post it as a blog and let people rip it so here it is

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel – OT – Texas A&M
    Branden Albert is said to be available for the right piece so you have to feel Joeckel is the pick no matter what.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Sharrif Floyd – DT – Florida
    The Jags put Floyd in the middle to try and help their pass rush.

3. Oakland Raiders – Geno Smith – QB – West Virginia
    Carson Palmer isn’t redoing his contract so he will be likely be cut and I think the new Raiders start the rebuilding here.

4. Philadelphia Eagles – Dion Jordan – DE/OLB – Oregon
    Chip Kelly coached him at Oregon and I think he will take him for his 3-4 in the pros.

5. Detroit Lions – Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan
    It comes down to Miller or Fisher and I think they take Fisher as they have a lot more depth at cornerback in this year draft so.

6. Cleveland Browns – Dee Miller – CB – Alabama
    The Browns add to their secondary as they lost Sheldon Brown. Milliner and Haden would make one hell of a duo in the secondary.

7. Arizona Cardinals – Lane Johnson – OT – Oklahoma
    This maybe a reached but what the Cardinals needs is to actually need a QB upright to win.

8. Buffalo Bills – Cordarrelle Patterson – WR – Tennessee
    With no QB worth investing in at this point the Bills take a big time playmaker at receiver.

9 New York Jets – Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB – BYU
    The jets need pretty much everything but pass rush is very high on the list so they take Ansah who has been shooting up boards this off season.

10. Tennessee Titans – Chance Warmack – OG – Alabama
    Chris Johnson is snitching his line isn’t helping him well now he will have no issues as they added Andy Levitre and now Warmack if he still a failure it’s on him.

11. San Diego Chargers – Jonathan Cooper – OG – North Carolina
    The Chargers have issues on the line including Louis Vasquez who bolted to Denver. Cooper will help soften the blow.

12. Miami Dolphins – Xavier Rhodes – CB – Florida State
    They lost Sean Smith and traded Vontae Davis so they need to add a CB to team with Grimes.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Star Lotulelei – DT – Utah
    The Bucs need a cornerback but no one is worthy the pick so they take someone who will help them beef up their D-Line. Star could go early but I think that the heart issues even after being cleared will still hurt his stock

14. Carolina Panthers – Sheldon Richardson – DT - Missouri
    The Panthers couldn’t stop anyone running on them so they get Richardson to help with that issue.

15. New Orleans Saints – Jarvis Jones – OLB – Georgia
    The Saints are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so they add a pass rusher who fits the 3-4.

16. St Louis Rams – Tavon Austin – WR - West Virginia
    The Rams add a receiver who can stretch the field and maybe the number 1 receiver Sam Bradford has been bugging for.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Barkevious Mingo – DE/OLB – LSU
    The Steelers need young pass rushers and Mingo could benefit from the veteran locker room.

18. Dallas Cowboys – Kenny Vaccaro – S – Texas
    The Cowboys need safety help in a big way as thier best one Church is coming back from a torn Achilles.

19. New York Giants – Bjoern Werner – DE – Florida State
    The Giants always seem to add pass rushes in round 1 and they do it again this year.

20. Chicago Bears – Arthur Brown – LB – Kansas State
    I would give the Bears an offensive tackle here but they whiffed on a few the last couple of years so instead they add a replacement to Urlacher.

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia
    The Bengals don’t fear players with issues they took UDFA Vontaze Burfict and it worked out for them they do the same with Ogletree here.

22. St Louis Rams - D. J Fluker – OT – Alabama
    The Rams need Sam Bradford upright and well they take Fluker to do that.

23. Minnesota Vikings – Sylvester Williams – DT – North Carolina
    The Vikings had success in the past with a Williams’s wall in the middle of their D-Line so they add Williams to remake the wall once more.

24. Indianapolis Colts – Jonathan Hankins – NT – Ohio State
    The Colts needs a true nose tackle to help out the defence. Hankins will do that for the Colts.

25. Minnesota Vikings – Justin Hunter – WR – Tennessee
    They added Greg Jennings in free agency but he going to need someone opposite him so the Vikings add Hunter

26. Green Bay Packers – Tyler Eifert – TE – Notre Dame
    Jermichael Finley is not coming back according to reports so the Packers give Rogers a solid replacement

27. Houston Texans – Keenan Allen – WR – California
    The Texans need to add a number 2 receiver so they take Allen to fill that role.

28. Denver Broncos – Damontre Moore – DE/OLB – Texas A&M
    With the whole Dumervil issue the Broncos have to add a pass rushers so they grab one late in round 1 and let be honest the last time they took someone like this from A&M it worked out

29. New England Patriots – Jesse Williams – Alabama
    Vince Wilfork can’t go on forever so I think Belichick get himself a player he can groom.

30. Atlanta Falcons – Desmond Trufant – CB – Washington
    The Falcons lost 2 starting CB this off season so they add someone to their team

31. San Francisco 49ers – Jonathan Cyprein – S – FIU
    The 9ers secondary needs more help at Safety so they grab the fast raising Cyprein

32 Baltimore Ravens – Matt Elam – S – Florida
    With Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard gone the Ravens need a safety Elam will fill one of those spots

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I think this a really really good mock, im still on the fence somewhat about Elam, i love the way he plays and his versatility, his height still scares me a bit. Huff and Elam would certainly be upgrade in coverage on the back end. Dont think they'd take him outright at 32 tho, i think we are most likely trading down unless someone really drops that shouldnt. Your next mock you can drop Cyprien to 32 if you'd like :-)

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

No complaints here.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Nice mock but Finley is coming back to Green Bay. And rumblings is that Miami is interested in Eifert.

5. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

Not a bad mock draft. Its expected that ATL will go after Trufant , I'm really hoping for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He'll almost certainly be gone after this season, unless he balls out of his mind this year...and even then they'll probably let him walk for a big payday elsewhere and go with younger cheaper talent, which if they are smart will already have been in the building for a year by then (Eifert).

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[MENTION=1753]Jihad Joe[/MENTION] won't be happy to see Warmack going to the Titans in another mock draft. I on the other hand love the pick and really hope the top of the board breaks out so he falls to us.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I don't see you guys drafting an OG that high after picking up Levitre

Sent from my HTC Vivid

9. SRW

Levitre is only one side, the entire interior of the o-line needs to be redone. I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after a center who could push to start right off the gate either.

10. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I still think they should keep the Rhodes pick to side with Grimes. Eifert is good, but the pair in the secondary(Rhodes and Grimes) would be one of those secondary's that could really help build the defensive structure.

EDIT: How far do you guys think Te'o will drop in the draft?

11. SRW

I wouldn't be shocked if we hear his name called in the tail end of the second round.

12. Jihad Joe

Dibs is in the CBA, and I called it. So unless they want to lose a bunch of picks, they won't touchy. I'm just trying to rationalize.for them

Honestly I can see them going for a DE like Ansah or Werner at that pick

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. Jihad Joe

He'll be a first. He graded out well enough at the combine to go in first. He is a cerebral LB in the Sean Lee vein. Bigger, more durable, but not as quick. I don't think a mediocre 40 will hurt him. I do think the fake GF will, but.not severely. He'll got top 30 instead of top 15

Sent from my HTC Vivid

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i approve of mingo

15. Jihad Joe

Mingo is born to be a weakside 3-4 Olb

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Mingo is a better prospect than Aldon Smith was..at 17 he would make me very happy

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

No complaints from me with that #20 pick. Phil Emery can go so many ways with that pick with what he's done in free agency.