Mort Thinks Philly Perfect Place For Alexander

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by phiglesphan, Apr 23, 2008.

1. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Discussing the future of recently released Seattle Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander on Mike and Mike in the Morning he said he felt that the Philadelphia Eagles would "Have to take a long look at him" because he already knows the system, would fit right in, and in an increasingly 2 back league make an amazing 1-2 punch with Brian Westbrook.
    Personally, I don't see it. He's an upgrade to Buckhalter sure but he's gonna want way too much and with Tony Hunt hopefully coming into his own this year and the intriguing lil Ryan Moats back at 100% I can't see us doing much at running back.

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'd rather stick with Westbrook and Buck as our 1-2. That's been going well for us. Why waste money to fix something that's not broken.

Besides, I think he'd rather go somewhere where he has a better chance at getting at least an even split of playing time with the current starting RB.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I can't see him in Philly at all. When I first heard he was released I immediately thought of 2 teams. Carolina and Houston.

4. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

isn't the perfect place for alexander....at home? i think his light in the nfl may be off. maybe i'm wrong...but if i am i agree with burnout, he would probably want to go somewhere with a spot for him as a 50/50 guy rather than the obvious 2 of a 1-2 punch.

EDIT:dolphindude, i would crap a brick if the texans signed him. we've already got our over 30 injury prone running back. and an under 30 injury prone runningback that we just signed. and 2 guys who looked like they could handle themselves at a decent level.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't want him. Our RB situation is fine.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

if healthy he's an upgrade over buckhalter. he would fit right in because seattle runs the same offense but i don't see it happening.

7. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

KJ, wouldn't you rather have Alexander than Ahman Green and Chris Brown?

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Not sure Alexander is better than Green. Green healthy can run with anyone but I agree with KJ that they don't need another injury prone RB. Maybe Carolina but....really not sure where he'd fit right now. Denver? Anyone can run for 1000 yards in Denver.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

No please dont sign him we are fine with westbrook.

10. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

who cares what Mort thinks. He's a waste.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

even if it did somehow come about he wouldn't replace westbrook. he'd only back him up.

i still think it's nothing that will happen though.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bad fit in Philadelphia. They have Westbrook and to back him up Tony Hunt and Correll Buckhalter. Alexander would just get in the way...

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

if they did sign him buck would be gone.

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

And that would upset me. Buckhalter's done an excellent job the last couple of seasons. Don't fix what isn't broken. No Alexander.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ditto.

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

mort only said that because he knows that andy rides holmgren's c0ck

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear ya dawk, buck's a big fan favorite for sure and i am one of his biggest. i was just trying to present the other side of the debate.