My Round 1 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by PSID412USM, Feb 28, 2011.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I haven't done a blog in a while so you know what I'm going to make an idiot of myself with a mock draft. So please feel fine to rip the crap out of it.

1. Carolina Panthers - Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn

With Luck going back to school the Panthers have really been put behind the 8 ball. I'm going with Fairley purely on I picked his name of the bowl.

2. Denver Broncos - Da'Quan Bowers - DE - Clemson

He has been called the next Julius Pepers and well given the Broncos new head coach took Peppers back in 2003 so I see him going to here plus he the best 4-3 End which the Broncos will be running.

3. Buffalo Bills - Partick Peterson - CB - LSU

Peterson is the best talent in this draft and honestly I think Cam Newton just has too many questions right now so they get a ture shutdown corner.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green - WR - Georgia

With all due respect to Carson Palmer I don't see him getting traded and I think he will get his bluff called. So being stick with the Bengals he get to throw to Green. Maybe the best recevier prospect to come into the NFL in years

5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller - DE/OLB - Texas A/M

Joey Porter wasn't the answer for the Cardinals for it's pass rush and so the Cardinals will take Von to help them get to the QB.

6. Cleveland Browns - Julio Jones - WR - Alabama

You know what it's the old Combine thoery run a fast 40 and you'll shot up the board but it also helps that the Browns need a weapon for Colt McCoy so he heading to the Browns.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Quinn - DE/OLB - North Carliona

Probably other then the Panthers no one is harder to work out with the pick. Now I think Quinn would have been higher but he did miss a year due to taking payments from an agent. Still the slid ends here as the 9ers need some pass rush help.

8. Tennessee Titans - Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri

It's seems the Titans are starting all over again and cause of this they get it's new QB in Gabbert. So Gabbert is the future for the Titans.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Marcell Dareus - DE/DT - Alabama

Igor Olshansky are behind him so the Cowboys get his replacement with a guy who is a steal at this point of the draft.

10. Washington Redskins - Cameron Jordan - DE - California

The Redskins need help all the place but D-Line is one of the biggest and to be honest I don't see Cam Newton fitting into the offence. So yeah The Redskins get Jordan in round one and Jake Locker in Round 2

11. Houston Texans - Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska

Another draft and another defensive player for the Texans. So they take a player who will hopefully stop their secondary being made to look like swiss cheese.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Kerrigan - DE - Purdue

Yes Leslie Frazier said he wanted he wanted a QB and he will take a look at Newton but given the choas that surround Brett Farve recently I think he passes on him and takes someone who will help take some pressure off of Jared Allen.

13. Detriot Lions - Akeem Ayers - OLB - UCLA

I would say that the Lions will take an offensive Tackle and help out Stafford but then it's seems like I would get lynched by Lions fans so instead I give you help in the linebacking core. Julius Peterson is likely done in Detriot so the Lions get his replacement.

14. St Louis Rams - Corey Liuget - DT - Illinois

The Rams biggest need is WR but frankly it's a huge reach to take one now with Jones off the board. So they take someone who given momentum as we head to the draft.

15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama

Both Brown and Williams are likely not returning to Miami so the Phins grab someone who can start day one and produce for them. Ingram has been compared to Emmimt Smith let see if that holds ture.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Cam Newton - QB - Auburn

And the slide finally ends for Cam Newton. He could be a star but his cockiness is going to cost him and I think landing in Jacksonville is great cause he can learn for a year before taking over from Garrard.

17. New Enlgand Patriots - J.J Watt - DE - Wisconsin

He is a kind of player the Patriots love cause he has versatility. With Gerard Warren not a long term answer this would be the pick of course the Patriots will likely trade this after all that what the Pats always seem to do.

18. San Diego Chargers - Nate Solder - OT - Colorado

They need an upgraded at Right Tackle and they will take the 6ft 8 Solder to help them open holes for Ryan Matthews.

19. New York Giants - Tyron Smith - OT - USC

William Beatty is looking like a bust and Shawn Andrews have back problems that is going to effect his career going forward so they take Smith who has being moving up this whole off season.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aldon Smith - DE - Missouri

Some have Smith as a 3-4 player but I think if he still here the Bucs will snap him up. They need upgrades at End hitting it big last year in the draft on the defensive line.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor - NT - Balyor

The Chiefs take there version of Vince Wilfork here. There are some issues with Taylor and his efforts but honestly I think he going to be a good fit in KC.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippi State

The Colts are damn lucky Peyton Manning was knocked out of action given the poor protection of their O-line. So a year after taking Jerry Hughes a year ago over Roger Saffold they take a left tackle to make sure Peyton stay upright.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Gabe Carimi - OT - Wisconsin

The Eagles need to protect Vick and or Kolb after they took a beating last year and Carimi is a tackle who can do that for the Eagles for years to come.

24. New Orleans Saints - Muhammad Wilkerson - DT - Temple

Sedrick Ellis needs a partner in the middle and I think he will get a good one in Wilkerson. It should shore up one of the few weak areas on the team.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Jimmy Smith - CB - Colorado

I don't see the Seahawks taking a QB cause even if they don't resign Hasselback they have too much money in Whitehurst to take one so they help out their secondary and get Smith to help them.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Torrey Smith - WR - Maryland

Outside of Anquan Boldin what do the Ravens have at recevier? To be honest not a lot. They need a burner and Smith is that. He be able to strech the field for Joe Flacco and get double teams off of Boldin.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Titus Young - WR - Boise State

Like the Ravens the Falcons need some help at recevier and someone who can strech the field. He is undersized like DeSean Jackson but then Jackson has been good since he come in so.

28. New England Patriots - Stefan Wisniewski - OG/C - Penn State

The Patriots know Stephan Neal is getting up in years so they grab a lineman who will bring a nasty streak to the line. Doesn't hurt that his Uncle was a former 8 time pro bowl and a member of the 90's All decade team.

29. Chicago Bears - Benjamin Ijalana - OG/T - Villanova

Jay Cutler was killed last year and while I enjoyed seeing it the Bears have to keep him up right so they take someone who has been shotting up board.

30. New York Jets - Justin Houston - DE/OLB - Georgia

When you are facing Tom Brady twice a year and have Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger waiting for you having pass rushers is always a good thing so Sexy Rexy picks up Houston.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College

The Steelers suffered injures across the o-line all season and with Castonzo still on the board the Steelers are going to snap him up. This also means they won't have to rush Max Starks too soon.

32. Green Bay Packers - Cameron Heyward - DE/DT - Ohio State

With injures and free agents the Packers Defensive End list is looking thin so they grab the best 3-4 DE left on the board. Heyward did have surgery this off season but still I think he end up in round 1.

So there it is like I say I'm not Mel Kiper Jr but still I enjoyed this so thanks for reading this is PSID412USM saying I maybe hated but you know what it better to have some feeling about me then none at all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Bills don't need a cb.

Ayers killed his stock today.

you have Sherrod twice.

the Pack took a DE last year in Mike Neal.

Solid job but it seems a little outdated.