Mystery behind Patriots trading pro bowl lineman for TE

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Charlie77007, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Charlie77007

Charlie77007 Rookie Premium Member

Anybody have thoughts on why the Patriots would be trading an pro bowl lineman for a TE? IS Gronk not going to be ready for a long time?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think it has more to do with Aaron Hernandez than Gronk. They picked Wright up to try and fill that Hernandez role. Mankins also was expendable with the amount of lineman the Pats had.

3. Charlie77007

Is he worth picking up off the waiver wire?

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

NE has picked up and released so many TE's in the last 3 years I can't even keep up with it.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Who do you have to drop? There is some upside and potential, but is that worth dropping the upside and potential of an 11, 12, 13 pick that you currently have on your squad?

6. Charlie77007

I have Dwayne Bowe who I was thinking of getting rid of for another receiver, but if this tight end is going to be better than picking up Jordan Matthews or Jarrett Boykin or Aaron Dobson then it might be worth it. Bowe is just hard to keep.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Wright could be Hernandez, and I expect they'll try and make him such considering the price they paid. Dudes got talent and could definitely thrive in that role as Hernandez did. Or, he might be turrble! Who knows! Id take a flier on him, personally, tonnnnnnnnn of potential upside if he works out.

86WARD likes this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd drop,Bowe. He just has zero when it comes to Andy Reid's offense and he'll be suspended for a game.

9. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Id drop Bowe to. Wright has always had the athleticism. He caught 5 touchdowns. He just has to catch up with the playbook. He's a lot better than the guys they had used last year to replace Hern's role.