New Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine: “I ask for privacy during this difficult time”

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by 86WARD, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine accepted the position of head coach of the Cleveland Browns on Thursday, according to numerous reports.

A statement from the Pettine Family seemed to confirm those reports. It read in its entirety: “I ask for privacy at this difficult time. Thank you.”

A source close to the family said that becoming head coach of the Browns has been understandably hard on Pettine.

“We all have dreams. We all have ideas of how our futures will look,” said Alan Granger, Pettine’s brother-in-law. “And for Mike’s path to lead to this: head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Being seen as someone the Cleveland Browns feel is a good fit for the Browns. Well, it’s a difficult pill to swallow. He just needs some time — it could be days, it could be weeks — but he needs some time. Time to lick his wounds and pull himself up off the floor. I hope everyone can respect that and give him time to heal.”

Pettine is currently hunkered down in his house with his wife and children.

Source: http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/01...-i-ask-for-privacy-during-this-difficult-time

“He needs his family right now to help him get through this,” said Granger. “At times like this, you remember what is most important to you.”

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It does suck to coach the Browns. I feel for this guy.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I think I could take a year of utter punishment and pain for what he would make. Even after taxes, agent fees, and the heart attack or three he will endure, he'll be able to retire and live like a hermit for the rest of his life

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Why is he acting like he has a terminal disease? He'll be a head coach of an NFL team. Unless there is more to the story than meets the eye.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Didn't he in his press conference say something like "I always wanted to be an NFL Coach, However that opportunity presents itself is fine with me".

Maybe it's not so fine after all?

6. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

@86WARD strikes again!!! Smack Central :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

86WARD likes this.
  7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Just wish people would quite bullying him...