NFC South Team By Team Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Litez0ut, May 2, 2011.

1. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Atl - Needs at WR and on the defensive side of the ball. ATL instead trades a few picks this year and a few picks next year to move up and draft WR Jones. So unless Jones becomes a 1,300 + WR and helps the offense out that much I don't really like the draft.

Grade C

Car - Being the worst team in the NFL this team had a lot of needs. They could have really used pick #33 but traded it for a WR who didn't do crap. They might be forced to start Newton right away even though he should sit for a while. They drafted a pair of DTS with there next picks. Although I think FUA is better off in a 3-4 defense. I like the Brandon Hogan pick.

Grade C-

NO- I like the Cam Jordan pick even though I feel he would be more valuable in a 3-4 defense. He should at least match Will Smiths production. I don't really like giving up a first for Ingram. Martez Wilson I didn't expect him to drop there should add some youth and speed to the LB crew. Getting Romeus that late is a steal.

Grade B+

TB - Whats not to love about this draft. Continuing to add to the front 4 they get two more good players to go a long with last years young duo. They get a replacement for Rudd in case he leaves. I really like the Black pick and I think he fits that defense. For the youngest team in the NFL they just added even more young Talent

Grade A

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

No crap I had the same grades in my head. Without the +'s or -'s.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That line in Tampa could be absolutely disgusting if it all comes together.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Tampa's could be scary good this year. Nice draft :)

5. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

why the hostility to him man?

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Exactly HOW is this hostile? :icon_eek:

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Lol. It's not hostile. It's more like it being totally strange how they had the same grades in mind.

Though, I disagree with the talk about the Ingram pick. I think it was an awesome move for the Saints. You'll see ;]

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:Loco:

Read that wrong Mitz. I meant I had the same grades he did.

9. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I get what your saying about the Ingram pick but are they really going to run that much where it makes him a legit 1300-1400 yard back? I felt they were getting enough production from Thomas when he was healthy and mixing in Reggie.

10. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

k i did read it wrong

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I think after we got ran over so much by big backs last season Payton realized that he needed a back that he can give the ball to and smash the defense. Ivory did that welll until he got hurt. Ingram can get the tough yards and will punish them in the 4th quarter after Bush and Thomas makes them chase them around. Who knows what the pick next year could get but I like the trade. Lord knows we may need all four backs this season.

12. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

That's the thing though I don't see Ingram being that bruiser kind of back.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He has the ability to just run at you all day long. He don't get much negative yardage. I see him as a wear you down back. He won't break many long runs but he will get you the first down in critical times. All this depends on his knee being healthy enough. Big if.

14. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

His knees is fine. I don't think Ingram is going to rush for 1300-1400 yards, but he's a hard runner, and he's going to be tough to bring down. I know he's going from college to NFL, but he's got the talent and mentality to be that guy the Saints need to establish the running game. Reggie's hurt year in and out. Pierre..who knows what's going to happen there. During his injury, it was reported that Sean wasn't too happy with him. So, Ingram is there to make that running aspect a lot better, even if it becomes him and Ivory, i'd feel great about our running core. Not to mention, if Reggie and/or Pierre don't impress this season, then one or both could be trade material, given Reggie re-structures his contract.

I like the trade, I think it was a smart move considering Saints went Defense with all their other picks. Focused on needs, and took the best player available with the trade. It's a win-win IMO. But, the only way we truly find out is IF and when they get to play.