NFC West Team By Team Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Litez0ut, May 2, 2011.

1. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Az - A team needing a Pass rusher and QB. They come out of this draft with the top player on many boards CB Patrick Peterson. They get a nice pick in the 2nd round with RB Williams but is a bit of an injury risk just as Beanie Wells has proven to be. They filled a few holes but not the most important QB and I don't think Acho will be anything special at LB.

Grade B-

SF - Much like the Cardinals there big needs were QB and Pass rushing LB. They got a DE that will be moved to LB in the Niners 3-4 defense. And a QB in the 2nd in Kaepernick. Kaepernick has all the tools QB guru Harbaugh looks for in his QBS all he has to do is mold him now. Better quality at CB in the third then who they took IMO.

Grade C+

Stl - Spags loves pass rushers and they drafted one. With needs at G,DT,LB they decided to go against that. Focusing more on adding talent around QB Bradford. While the front 4 was productive last season the DT position is aging and there isn't much depth there. Love the pick of Quinn though top 10 talent that slipped a bit.

Grade B-

Sea - They filled the needs they had on O-line. They still have a hole at QB and DT. While I don't agree with there selections they reached on a few of them with better talent on the board.

Grade D

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Can't really disagree with that. With the pick of Quinn (Which is not only great value but helps a need with James Hall getting old), it looked like we were heading towards having a really good draft...then we reached for Kendricks and Pettis.

Now, I understand many had Kendricks as the number two TE of the draft, but it wasn't an immediate need and projects to be a bit part starter with Illini Mike because he can't block.

Pettis was also a bit of a crape pick because at best he'll be a Joe Jurevicius type WR (effectively even admitted by the team when commenting on him), and with Leonard Hankerson still being on the board (who has similiar size but with much greater potential), this pick was a let down.

Didn't mind the Salas pick because he projects as a bigger Danny Amendola, but on a team loaded with #2/#3 WR talents (and having picked one a round earlier), it felt like a waste.

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Salas is a friend of mine. He's a hard worker.