NFL Draft Prospect Mike Pouncey Hopes To "Out Center" His Brother

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 25, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

It’s a bit of a given that Mike Pouncey spends a lot of time talking about his twin brother, Steelers Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey. Mike’s media session with reporters Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine was no exception. “If he was a bad player, we wouldn’t be talking about him,†he said. “So I guess it’s a good thing.†It’s also a good thing that teams are drawing comparisons between the brothers on the field. Mike told reporters that scouts have told him they look the same on film. “Some of the teams even said I look better,†he added for good measure. Mike said he believes the two “are the same player,†although his open-field blocking is better, which he credits to an extra season at the University of Florida. He also revealed that he wants to play center in the NFL after moving from guard as a senior to replace his brother. “(It’s) because of everything my brother accomplished,†Mike said of wanting to play center. “We’re fierce competitors. Obviously, everything he accomplished I want to do the same thing, and even better.â€

Source: NFL.com

2. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

hes not close to the player he was brother is at C

3. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

No way will he be better than Maurkice at C, did you see his snapping for Florida this year it was awful

4. even at OG I don't think he is as good as his brother. To me he is barely even the best interior o.linemen.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would take Cannon over Pouncey

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

QFT. Stay at Guard kid.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take him at 31...