NFL Legend LB Junior Seau Dead At 43

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, May 2, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former Chargers linebacker Junior Seau, an icon in his hometown of Oceanside who rose to stardom in the NFL, has died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at his beachfront home in Oceanside Wednesday. A 911 call reporting a possible suicide was made to police at 10 a.m., a dispatcher said. A crowd including several police officers and neighbors has gathered outside Seau’s two-story home on the south end of The Strand. Chargers chaplain Shawn Mitchell said he was notified of the death and is on his way to be with family members. “Junior was an icon not only in San Diego but throughout the nation. Of course this will affect a lot of people, not in the least the children and kids who look up to him,â€￾ Mitchell said. “He had a great impact on many lives. He’s changed my life in many ways, I’m sure.â€￾

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I suspect this is going to end up a post-concussion thing one way or another.. but either way, it's definitely sad. RIP Seau.

3. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

It's a friggin tabloid. Won't believe it, until ESPN or NFL.com says something.

If it's true....

Then Karma's finally starting in on the Pats

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

classless

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

star dont spam that crap in this thread this is your only warning or you will get a card for derailing the thread.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm honestly hoping that this story is totally bogus, being Polynesian myself I identify with Seau on race...Please try and keep it civil in here fellas, no need for anyone to lash out to our other members.

7. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

He was a great player and will be missed.

Concussions or other symptoms, a lot of former players have a hard time being retired. Out of the limelight, too much free time, and in some cases, no income. Pro sports in general need to help former athletes transition to civilian life.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A San Diego television station is reporting that it's a suicide...

9. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

It is believed to be a suicide. This is why the NFL is cracking down on hits to the head. Concussions cause serious brain damage. RIP.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...sad...

The story was first reported by the north County Times...not TMZ...so it's not only a TMZ/ESPN tabloid report.

The Chargers have released a statement saying that there is nothing to report at this time and that they are still waiting on factual information.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

San Diego Union Tribune is now reporting that Seau has died of a self inflicted gun shot wound...911 call occurred at 10AM...

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This is hecked up.

13. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

Damn......

e hoʻomaha me ka maluhia.

Hope I got that right?

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[censored]

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yes lambert... rest in peace....although I'm still holding out hope that TMZ is wrong... :(

16. damn RIP to one of my favorite players as a kid. Notice he shot himself in the chest and not the head.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

maybe the same will happen with the panthers fanbase ? :dunno:

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm not buying it until I see it on ESPN.com. Screw TMZ. If this crap is fake I'd freaking murder Harvey whatever the heck the douches name is. Wasn't Seau JUST on TV for the draft as well?

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

this is hecked up man.

20. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I actually liked Seau. I just think that Ol' Man Belicheck needs to watch out.

Anyone think it could have been a Steve McNair type situation