NFL Weekend Primer - Preseason Week 2

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Steve12, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[​IMG]

It’s still preseason, so it’s tough to find a good number of really interesting matchups. Starters still won’t play that much, so any storylines will be tough to follow very long. Another problem I’m running across in preseason is that this article gets posted on Saturday, by which time a lot of the games will have already been played. So let’s just take a look at a couple of the games that haven’t been played already.

Miami Dolphins vs. Houston Texans

This is an intriguing matchup to me. Both could possibly be players in the AFC if everything goes right for them. The Texans are facing questions about whether their Super Bowl window has closed, while the Dolphins are trying to prove that their window is starting to open. Ryan Tannehill is coming off a game where he looked pretty good, especially when compared to his HOF game performance. He is going to need to continue to improve if the Dolphins are going to challenge for a playoff spot.

Texans Rookie WR DeAndre Hopkins was a highlight for them. The Texans hope he can continue to make plays like this to force defenses to stop doubling Johnson. If this guy produces this offense will be nasty.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/0ap2000000228478/Hopkins-shows-off-hops]Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins goes up for first NFL touchdown - NFL Videos[/ame]

Andre Johnson has always needed someone to help take the pressure off of him, and maybe now he finally has it. It’s tough to say much about how good the Texans really looked because pretty much none of their top guys played on offense or defense. That should hopefully change in week 2.

Denver vs Seattle
    These are two of my highest rated teams going into the 2013 season. The Broncos are coming off a game where they made the 49ers look pretty bad in all phases. With all of the focus on Denver’s offensive acquisitions this offseason, the defense is what shined last week, forcing four turnovers. Speaking of that high profile acquisition, Wes Welker was thrown to once before getting pulled. But, to beat the dead horse, it’s only preseason so who cares? Watch this game to see if that defense can keep up what they did last week. If that wasn’t a fluke, then I’m not sure anyone will beat this team.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap2000000228124/Pre-Week-1-Seahawks-vs-Chargers-highlights]Pre Week 1: Seattle Seahawks vs. San Diego Chargers highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

Russell Wilson didn’t play much last week, which is probably smart. But the little he played showed us that we can expect the same type of playmaking ability he showed last year. This guy is one of my favorite players to watch. I hope he plays a little bit more this week. Although if Tarvaris Jackson plays like he did last week that could be just as entertaining., He looked really really good in his return to the Seahawks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

piss on preseason,it is a joke.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Agreed. I promise these articles will get better when the regular season starts.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i was not complaining,i t hink you write great stories. most teams are very vanilla on both sides during preseason until game 3 in which most teams throw in a few wrinkles.