NFL Winners And Losers "Pre-Season Week 3"

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Aug 28, 2013.

1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

The number of active players allowed on a roster dwindled down to 75. What these players have been working for is almost here. They have just one game left to play. Who stepped up and who fell down? Let's find out.

Winner #1- Matt Forte

I haven't seen many bright spots on the Bear's offense this preseason. Matt Forte is the offense imo. Good things will happen when this guy has the ball in his hands. Whether it be running hard or catching the ball, he gets it done. He had 109 yards from scrimmage. I expect him to have an amazing season.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000233436/Matt-Forte-32-yard-TD-pass-from-Jay-Cutler]Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte 32-yard TD pass from Jay Cutler - NFL Videos[/ame]

Loser #1- The Jets

This team is on a downward spiral. Both your potential starting quarterbacks are hurt. One of them because Rex Ryan is a dumbbutt. Preseason games do not count for regular season. They are to evaluate your players. There is no reason to put a man in once you pulled him from the game. The front office should cut ties with him right now after he completely embarrassed himself in his post game conference.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap2000000234504/Sanchez-s-injury-doesn-t-change-a-thing]New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez's injury doesn't change a thing - NFL Videos[/ame]

Winner # 2- Alec Ogletree

I am very impressed with how this young man played. He flashed us with some playmaker skills. He stripped the ball and took it to the house. He also got a pick. Defensive rookie of the year candidate right here.

[​IMG]

Loser # 2- The Falcon's Offensive Line

Matt Ryan is considered to be an upper echelon quarterback. Time and again we see quarterbacks struggle when they don't have time to make reads. They allowed 5 sacks with alot of pressure too. They need to do a better job.

[​IMG]

Winner #3- Jake Locker

This might be the year Jake Locker breaks out. He was on point with 11/13 passes for 113 yards 1 td. That was a beautiful pass he threw for the touchdown. I am looking forward to see how he progresses thru-out the season.

[​IMG]

Loser #3- Matt Flynn

This guy is on the verge of losing his job for the second year in a row. Does he have the talent to start in this league? Is the pressure getting to him? I don't know about the first question but I can tell you the pressure is getting to him. He has looked like crap. Going 3/6 for 19 yards and 2 picks doesn't help your case to start in this league.

[​IMG]

Winner #4- Reggie Bush

The former top 5 pick continues to show us why he was taken so high. Mike Mayock said it best when he said that you could slap an 8 next to that 5 and make him a wideout. He is a tremendous talent and continues to look better. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 1,000 yards rushing and recieving.

[​IMG]

Loser #4- Lavelle Hawkins

You are a grown butt man. There is no reason for three personal fouls. I am sure you just lost your spot. It is always better to be humble and respectable. You should look at Vernon Davis to become a better person and professional.

[​IMG]

Winner #5- Andre Johnson

There is always talk about who is the best wide reciever is in the league. This man's name should always be brought up. He continues to dominate the position. He pulled in 7 catches for 131 yards.

[​IMG]

Loser #5- Armond Smith

Like I said earlier, doing dumb crap like kicking a player to get ejected is not how to carry yourself in the game of football. Players fail to realize it is a privilege not a right to play in the NFL. Anybody in the world would love to be in these players shoes. It makes me sick and so should you. Stay classy NFL players.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

With respect to Hawkins and the Vernon Davis comment.. I remember in the NFCCG against the Giants when he got those stupid personal fouls, I wanted to reach through the TV and choke him. Game was far too close for that crap.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

These are getting better and better every week man.

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Nice job man, I like your pick for No. 1 Winner :beer:

Agree with your pick for the Jets as losers, putting Sanchez in the 4th quarter was a very stupid move. Nice job Rex!

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Very good choices. If there was an honorable mention, DB Jerraud Powers of the Cardinals would be a good candidate for 3 pass interference calls in one half. Another player who probably lost any shot of making the roster.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good stuff [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]!! Liked the Reggie Bush breakdown.

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

ty for all the support you guys have given. i strive to be better than those bleacher report hecks. they suck. #holdmyrodbleacherreport

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Great hashtag