NFL Winners And Losers "Pre-Season Week 4"

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Sep 4, 2013.

1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

The time for the regular season is upon us. All the fighting for a roster spot is over. The quest for Super Bowl XLVIII starts this coming Thursday with the Broncos hosting the Super Bowl Champs, the Baltimore Ravens. Let's review this last week which lead us to the start of the of the 2013-2014 season.

Winner #1- Derek Anderson and Ted Ginn

Let me tell you something. I never would have guessed I would start these two out as the winner of the week. They had a real nice showing. Derek went 10/15 for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns and Ted brought in 5 catches for 149 yards. They both proved they can step in and fill in if need be.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap2000000236020/Pre-Week-4-Ted-Ginn-highlights]Pre Week 4: Carolina Panthers wide receiver Ted Ginn highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

Loser #1- Terrelle Pryor

All you needed was one more good outing and you win the starting Raider's quarterback job. Not only did you fail but you brought Matt Flynn back into the talk. Your on a short leash. Performance is what matters in this league. Making some plays will not cut it. Hopefully you learn from your mistakes and become relevant in the NFL.

[​IMG]

Winner #2- Cam Johnson

You want to make a team? Come out like this man did. The second year player recorded 2 sacks and a forced fumble which he recovered for the safety. You caught someone's attention. He was traded from the 49ers to the Colts where he looks to start in the near future.

[​IMG]

Loser #2- Matt Leinart

The Buffalo Bills are desperate for a backup quarterback. The former Heisman winner was given a fair chance to show something. In just five series, Matt Leinart went 3/10 passing for 11 yards and a pick. That is simply amazing. The Bills should look for someone else.

[​IMG]

Winner #3- Geno Atkins

Guess who just got a new contract? Geno Atkins received a 5 year 55 million deal. It is well deserved. This guy has been a beast the last few seasons. He is playing at a high level. Its good for the Bengals to lock him up and not worried about being paid.

[​IMG]

Loser #3- Tim Tebow

While he did lead the Patriots to a win over the Giants, Tim Tebow is not a NFL quarterback. His passing skill set sucks. He would be wise to take Jaws offer. I do believe he can play in the NFL as a TE or a FB.

[​IMG]

Winner #4- Quinton Patton

The 49ers are in need of somebody to step up at the wide out position. The fourth round pick has stepped up the last couple of games and showed he could be the man. He has 6 catches for 87 yards and 2 touchdowns in the last two games. I have a feeling he will be working the slot alot this year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8pE1ddkVqU]Quinton Patton Touchdown #2 - YouTube[/ame]

Loser #4- John Boyett

Nobody in the United States of America is above the law. Especially some bench warmer. Not only did you embarrass yourself, you lost your job. If you wanna get drunk and act like an butt clown, stay home. There are millions of people around the world would would love to have your job

[​IMG]

Winner #5- Michael Vick

Michael Vick is no stranger to controversy. He lead a dog fighting ring which he served hard time and had his life flipped upside down, both physically and financially. Before going away to prison, He had to file for bankruptcy. In just a few years, Michael Vick is ready to have the burden of 20 million dollars off his shoulders.

[​IMG]

Loser #5- Seneca Wallace

Guys like this shouldn't be able to play in the NFL. Seneca Wallace has no heart. If he did, well he would have showed up and play the last preseason game. He lacks confidence to try and beat out a 6th round rookie quarterback. Are you kidding me? Good luck with the Packers coward.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I love it. Great job. I love how you don't just stick to the mainstream media's top headlines to get your winners and losers. They'd never recognize Atkins or Patton. I also like that you gave Vick some much deserved props. Really good work
    bro.

I don't agree that Tebow could play tight end in the NFL though. FB yes, tight end no.

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

glad you like it.

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Great job as usual. Hoping Patton is a productive player for the team this year

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

As usual, good stuff [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]!!

6. MadMoxxiFavGun

[​IMG]

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Great job. I even agree with Derek Anderson winning the top spot. It will be the only thing that assmunch will win this year.

Really enjoy the read!

8. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I thought Tebow could probably work as a TE, until I saw this:

[​IMG]

9. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Re: Seneca Wallace. What did he expect? He was brought in when we carried 4 QBs and preseason had already been underway. He was a long shot to make the team anyway, but we wanted to push McCoy.

How about he used that last preseason game action to lure other teams into signing him after we cut his ass? What an butthole.

10. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Needs more stikum on that helmet...

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

OMG...I'm going to defend Tebow while he was wearing an NFL uniform. I kinda agree that he could possibly make it as TE, FB or even a slot receiver. Let me say at this point to clarify, he never was nor ever will be a QB in the NFL. And for this Josh McDaniel wins the Draft Dumbass of the Decade Award for selecting him as a QB and giving Tebow false hope. But the kid is one hell of an athlete and as long as his hands are bigger than my niece's hands, he's got the size and adequate speed to play another position.
    That clip is a little disconcerting because it looked like Tebow ducked when he turned his head and either saw the ball on course for his grill or saw the defender's hand approaching. Either way, a duck is a duck.
    The ball never hit him on the dome as it was clearly batted away by the DB.

OK....that's it. I'm providing the target below for [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION] as I am fully aware of his man-crush on TT. :icon_rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

12. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The ball goes straight up in the air after hitting the crown of his helmet. The defender just barely misses it.

13. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

What I saw in that play:

Poor route-running.
    No separation from defender.
    Poor awareness and ball location.

I may be mistaken, but that surely doesn't translate into an NFL-caliber TE.

14. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Agree on Matt Leinart being a loser. Another one of those good college qb's that can't hack it in the NFL, so why does he keep getting chances to make teams? Oh that's right he has a 'proper' throwing motion lol.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

USC QBs have not done well in the NFL.

16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Wasn't really the point I was trying to make, but when the best USC qb was possibly Rodney Peete, that ain't saying much.