Night Of Champions

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

[​IMG]
    Sunday, September 15, 2013
    Joe Louis Arena
    Detroit, Michigan

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Orton(c) vs. Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Alberto Del Rio(c) vs. Rob Van Dam

Handicap-Elimination Match
    CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman

Women's Championship
    AJ Lee(c) vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. Naomi

United States Championship
    Dean Ambrose(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Wonder if Orton will drop the belt of if they drag the program out to 2-3 more PPVs. I think Orton and Bryan can have some really good matches, might be a good post-Summerslam program like Orton/Christian was a couple years ago.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Word is this will drag on until most likely Survivor Series.

4. SRW

I don't think it will feel like dragging with the story they are telling here. Plus I bet when all is said and done Orton and Bryan might have a MOTY candidate in them somewhere in their feud.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i think craig will be champ awhile.the best match from summer slam was the one between punk and lesnar to me.they just beat the hell out of each other a good half hour.

6. SRW

More matches added tonight:

Rob Van Dam will face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman in an elimination, handicap match

7. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Too bad the IC title is not on the line.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Crapty title booking as usual. At this stage, the IC/US belts are essentially at the level of the Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight titles back in the day...might as well crap can them for what they are worth to the talent.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Punk needs to take the IC title at some point here and hold onto that crap for a LONG time. Bring back some prestige to it. He has no place in the WWE Title picture for at least a year IMO so give him the IC title to give it back some of it's luster. As said, WWE sucks at title booking again.

I hate the WHC booking as well. Bring some fresh blood in there to a guy who has been wrestling for a while and isn't a part time guy. RVD has no place in this match. Give it to Cesaro or Rhodes or someone else who didn't run off to TNA to get paid.

Who wants to buy a wrestling promotion with me to steal away the guys who are actually dedicated to their company and don't want part time people taking their spots?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Updated to include piss/food break.

11. andy82

When you consider the importance of the last two PPV's, this is going to be a bigger comedown than being a Cowboys fan in January.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

What are the odds Ricardo Rodriguez turns on RVD at Night of Champions?

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Meh. They can't all be amazing. I expect this one and Battleground will suck but Survivor Series will be awesome.

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i thought the ppv was ok

the fast count at the end was weird

punk v ryback will be alright he works well with bigger guys

15. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ryback as a Paul Heyman guy...I actually like that...

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i have yet to watch it,but this making the big show beat the crap out of people and this good for business storyline is really wearing thin on me.

17. andy82

The logic seems all broke up with Big Show. The guy last year did a turn to be the corporate sell out, so why should be we give a crap that he's being tormented now he's suddenly a morally upstanding guy again. Not only that, but he's going to be getting a sizable rub from this storyline, taking emphasis away from the Bryan/Rhodes sections of what is going on. Kinda sucks because people want to see new exciting stars to watch and cheer for years to come, not an ageing lump who has done absolutely everything in Wrestling and is beyond stale.

I don't mind the Corporation V2 thing, but I wish they did it instead with John Laurinaitis last year when he was still in his alignment ambiguous Roger Goodell like run (Pre-Big Show turn/evil authority #214) and being subtle with the bias, rather than outright attacking the babyfaces and abusing them etc. that's all a bit long in the tooth these days.