Notes from the Giants’ final practice of 2013

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Omen, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

[​IMG]
    John Fennelly, Lead Writer

Some quick hits from today’s practice over at QDTC, which is the last scheduled workout for 2013….

WR Louis Murphy took most of Rueben Randle’s reps at practice. Randle is suddenly dealing with a knee issue and is questionable for the season finale Sunday vs Washington.

“Yeah, he (Murphy) was taking most of the reps today, but (Julian) Talley can play out there, too, and so on,” said Tom Coughlin today.

He was asked if Randle’s knee didn’t respond: “Well, it’s not that it didn’t respond, but it’s still sore,” the coach said.

Coughlin on what he liked about this year’s team after the slow start:

“They fight. They persevere. They’re resilient. They’ve stuck together. That’s the number one thing, is they stayed together as a team. They believed in each other and so there’s an awful lot of outstanding team values that have come forward through the adversity and the difficulties that we’ve had this year, but it is, to be honest with you, a very, very coachable and likeable group.”

As expected, JPP, Victor Cruz, TE Adrien Robinson and OL Brandon Mosley will all miss Sunday’s game with injuries. Mosley apparently had his broken hand surgically repaired this week.

WR Hakeem Nicks and his agent will be meeting with the Giants soon to see if they are on the same page about continuing their relationship. Cruz was asked his thoughts about Nicks returning to the Giants.

“I do have a gut feeling that he’s coming back,” said Cruz. “I don’t know if that gut feeling is true, but I do have a gut feeling and it’s more so just me being selfish. That’s just what I want to see. I want to see him back here with us. I want to see him being his same old self, his same old calm, resolved self and hopefully that can happen, but if not, I wish him the absolute best and he knows that.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...