"Nothing New To Report" On Bills LB Shawne Merriman's Steroid Allegations

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman has confirmed he was stopped at the border entering the United States from Canada before training camp, saying there was "no problem" with the crossing, which he said included a search of his suitcases. "I came across as I normally do," Merriman told the Buffalo News. "I go there to get some massage therapy work done. They just questioned me about some bags and stuff I had. I was stopped and that was it. I was coming to camp. I had suitcases and stuff like that. They just wanted to go through all my stuff." Merriman addressed the border crossing amid Internet rumblings that some of his belongings were confiscated. "No, un-uh. I had stuff coming to camp," Merriman said, according to the newspaper. "They went through all my suitcases and that was it." Merriman had tweeted on the situation Thursday. "Absolutely NO steroids found in my vehicle & there were NO charges against me," Merriman wrote via Twitter. "I've received a great welcome by the community and fans. I've worked my butt off to have a great season." Government officials with the U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo and the U.S. Border Patrol told the newspaper there was nothing to report on the matter. He was suspended four games in 2006 after testing positive for steroids.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So ESPN is reporting that there is nothing new to report. Thanks.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'd just like to say that I have nothing to say on this topic.

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I'd like to add that there's nothing new to say about Shawn Merriman. :icon_rolleyes: ESPN .. get real

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I have nothing to add to this.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just curious ESPN...anything new?

7. Not really ESPN....the officials said that to a Buffalo newspaper.