Ohio St. QB Braxton Miller Reinjures Shoulder

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by ragman, Aug 19, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He is out for the season.

Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller will not play this season after sustaining another injury to his right shoulder while throwing a short pass in Monday's practice.

Ohio State confirmed the news on Tuesday afternoon after ESPN's Brett McMurphy and other media outlets reported earlier that Miller's injury would end his season. Miller had an MRI on his throwing shoulder in the morning.

"My thoughts and prayers are with Braxton and his family," Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said in a statement. "This is an unfortunate injury to a young man who means so much to this program and to Buckeye nation."

Widely tabbed as a Heisman Trophy contender this preseason, Miller suffered the injury during a noncontact portion of practice, just hours after the senior declared himself 100 percent healthy following offseason surgery to the shoulder.

Miller threw for 2,094 yards and 24 touchdowns and ran for 12 more scores in leading the Buckeyes to the Discover Orange Bowl last season.

Source: ESPN

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Saw this earlier. Haha Ohio Suck. Michigan will still lose to them though :tsk:

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Hahahaha suck a rod Ohio state.

I do feel bad for the kid though.

4. ragman

First of all, I saw where the odds for the Buckeyes winning the national college football championship have fallen from 10-1 to 18-1 since the Miller injury.

Second, I think the only loss the Buckeyes have this season is to the Spartans.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That's because the big ten sucks balls.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i do not like urban meyer,but he is a decent coach.he'll find a way to post a winning record somehow.

7. ragman

Did you know that OSU has the most expensive single ticket seats in college football? The median home game ticket price is $211.

8. ragman

Even though they're the defending national champions, the FSU Seminoles single game ticket only costs just over $100.