Ohio State OT Mike Adams Tested Positive For Marijuana At The Combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Sweets, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams, a projected first round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, tested positive for marijuana at this year's Scouting Combine, Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports. According to La Canfora, Adams has been upfront with NFL clubs since learning of his positive test result which could keep him from slipping in next week's draft. At 6-foot-7 and 323 pounds with 34" arms and 10 7/8" hands, Adams is built like the protoypical left tackle and possesses the natural athletic ability to man that position at the next level, but is likely to begin his NFL career on the right side. Should Adams drop him to the second round, the cost of his positive test result could be over $3 million, the average guarantee of the final 10 picks of the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft was $5.942 million. The average guarantee of the first 10 picks in the second round of last year's draft was $3.036 million, a number boosted by Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick receiving the quarterback premiums in their contracts.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

welcome to the second round.

i will laugh at whoever takes martin over him though, unless its the steeelrs then i will cry. for weeks

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I call it now, Adams is Barron V.2

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

This type of crap just amazes me. These kids know they are going to get test and they still smoke. Not like it's a pop up random test. Freaking idiots.

5. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

He would be a good pick up in the 2nd round for the Bills. Maybe because of this he will fall right to us.