Ole Miss OT Michael Oher To Enter NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ole Miss LT Oher to enter NFL draft

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is huge, not only would he be my pick, he will play a key role in us getting at least one of the top tackles not named baker

3. King Norse

King Norse Rave-on

For me, by the time the draft comes along, he will be a lock for a top 10 pick. There are not many elite players with genuine top prospect potential at the pro level, but he is one of the few. Stud.

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I think he'd be a dominant RT right now but could easily be coached into a LT in the NFL.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i would LOVE him to be a steeler

FREAKER!!!!

OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippi tackle Michael Oher changed his mind and decided to return to school for his senior season, two days after making himself eligible for the NFL Draft.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft was Tuesday, but then they're given three days to change their minds, as long as they don't sign with an agent.

Oher, a junior, has been projected as a possible first- or second-round pick.

"While I felt good about being projected as a possible first-round pick and had everybody in my corner, it just kept coming back to me that I was leaving some unfinished business at Ole Miss," Oher said Wednesday in a statement. "It's really about winning more games and going to a bowl game. I wanted to be a part of making that happen."

Oher was traveling Wednesday and was expected to talk with media following the basketball game between Florida and No. 18 Ole Miss. Oher's father, Sean Tuohy, did not return a phone message Wednesday afternoon.

The 6-foot-5, 325-pound Memphis, Tenn., native was an all-Southeastern Conference first-team selection this year at left tackle and helped running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis to two straight 1,000-yard seasons. He has started 34 straight games for the Rebels in three seasons.

"I was excited when Michael called to say he's decided to return to Ole Miss for his senior season," Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt said. "Michael told me he wanted to make a commitment to his academics and to football and be the very best football player he can be. It's good to have him back in the Ole Miss family."

Oher's rise from homeless teen to can't-miss left tackle prospect was chronicled in Michael Lewis' best-selling book, "The Blind Side."
    AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...story/10581051