Other Sports

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Crowned, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Not a big deal may help keep organized though if we have a NBA, MLB , NHL, NCAA , and Racing forums within the other sports forum, maybe stickied at the top. The official team threads moved to the appropriate categories and then posters could post future topics in the proper sports forums. Dunno I'm in the other sports a lot and it seems like its getting more popular just thinking maybe we could organize it some.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We used to have a forum for each sport...the thing is...well, it's popular now because we had March Madness, the NBA and NHL Play-offs are starting, as well as the baseball season, the Champions League is reaching its final round; but once those are over each forum was pretty much dead.

The European Soccer Championship will be played this summer, and then there's the Olympic Games...we'll have lots to talk about.

Steve has the final say, but I think it is ok the way it is now.

3. Crowned

Well it would all still be within the Other Sports forum as a whole, just sub-forums on the inside, Don't think it'll take any spots just like respective folders for each sport.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well, as TJ said, there isn't enough traffic in this forum and you can use the prefixes to search the topics

5. Crowned

I think this is awesome that you set this up SRW, the only thing is all the threads are kind of crowding the lounge I was thinking you can just put the sports forums within the Others sports section so when you open Other sports then you see baseball talk, basketball talk, etc.. anyone else got any suggestions on it?

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

They are within the Other Sports Section right now. I am not following what you are asking...

7. Crowned

Yea I understand they are but they also show in The Lounge, which kinda crowds the usual threads like Viral Videos and all, This is what I was thinking If you click on the lounge you see, off-topic - graphic showcase - other sports - fantasy sports talk - nfl pick'em league - entertainment forum - viral videos - fight club then when you go into other sports you see the baseball talk etc. (I understand it is in there now but all the sports thread are also in the lounge. )

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Right....but if I put other sports on it's own it will make the forum's main index HUGE.

9. Crowned

We may not be understanding each other, or maybe you can't do what I'm saying, keep other sports inside the lounge but why is it showing all the sports folders outside of other sports, its showing them all directly in the lounge instead of having to click other sports to get to them.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

If I'm understanding crowned right, are you using the drop down menu at the top of the page named "Forums" then going to the lounge? If you click Gridironfans.com on the right side under the banner from the main page you can then see Other Sports and the subforums. When you click the drop down menu above the banner and then go to the "Lounge" that whole section is showing you all the sub forums not each individual forum.