Packers CB Charles Woodson Says Aaron Rodgers Is The Best QB In The League

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Last month, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said that New England Patriots signal caller Tom Brady was "the best by far" in the NFL but Rodgers' teammate, Charles Woodson, will disagree. Woodson, the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, said he thinks Rodgers is the league's best quarterback. (Side note: It was Woodson who dislodged a fumble from Brady in the infamous "tuck rule" play in the 2001 playoffs.) He told WJFK-FM in Washington, D.C.: "As far as A-Rod is concerned, I told the Monday night crew last year, I said, 'If this guy, if they protect him the way he needs to be protected, he's the best quarterback in the league, and I stand by that. If you look at last season, you take a guy that had over 50 sacks that still threw over 4,000 yards, that's incredible." The 50 sacks Rodgers absorbed last season were tied for the most in the NFL, but he was credited with helping to hold the team together as the Packers patched a porous offensive line and earned a wild-card berth.

Source: USAToday.com

2. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

He is..by far. Anyone else who says different would be goobered..Yes..he may hold on to the ball too long..but what most people don't realize is this is when hes most dangerous and makes huge plays..its no diff than when big ben holds on too long and scrambles. Without that..he'd have lost both superbowls. Not to mention Rodgers has been KILLING in fantasy football...and he was on his butt most of the time.

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

He's right up there, not sure if I would call him the best yet, but if I could pick any QB in the NFL to come to the Vikes right now, it would be Rodgers. Might happen when he's 39.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

back to back 4200 yards passing with no big name marquee wr's. if rodgers stays healthy and contiunes to improve, he';s mvp canidate.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I trust you were just saying that tongue-in-cheek ................

I think everyone would agree that A-rod is now involved in any discussion about the best QB in the league with Manning, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers and Favre being the other candidates (and maybe some others that i'm forgetting) .............

He is clutch.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

? He has a top 5 WR core (Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones)

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

You really think the receiving core is that good? Jennings is awesome, but Driver is a tad old still playing at a pretty high level. I'm not really familiar with the other two.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I loved both James and Nelson coming out as guys who were probably going to develop really well in the right system...they've both shown flashes that still make me think they are going to be pretty good starters in this league. I expect one of them to unseat Driver at some point this year.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

And yeah, Brady and Manning are probably both better QB's than Rodgers but he's getting there, and I would take him over either of them as a GM. You're looking at a guy whos probably going to be playing at an elite level for 10+ more years, and that basically keeps your team somewhere in contention for that whole time, versus a handful more years at best for Brady or Manning.

9. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Lol. Rep

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Lol..actualy i cant rep you... must spread some rep first :(

And yes..i was being a little bit sarcastic with the goober comment..but i serious think hes top 3 easily.

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Not the best yet but getting damn close

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

top 5 maybe, unquestioned best...no.

tough and a great passer....im glad he showed alex smith up, it was criminal for smith to go #1 and AR to slip that far.

i do think hes as good as he is because he sat behind favre for so many years, not because of who he was sitting behind but because he became so pro ready riding a bech for all those years after being a great prospect to start with

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I think it's both, K

It's a shame that today's sports mentality is to thrust young QBs into the fire where most implode or create bad habits they never break. Rodgers was the lucky one, experience gained gradually & from having such a durable SOB in front of him. He could have done a lot worse than watching one of the best QBs of all time game in & game out.

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, i would agree that he would have to be in any top QB discussion and if you take all of the more established 30 yr old + Qb's out of the argument (just looking at building for the future), anyone would have a hard time not calling him the best young QB in the league.

I'm sure some would make cases for Rivers, Big Ben, Cutler, or Schaub as the best young QB's but Rivers, Cutler, and Schaub can't do what Rodgers does physically and even though Ben can do everything Rodgers does physically, he can't read defenses as well. Rodgers is firmly in place now as the best QB under 30 years old in the league.