Packers CB Charles Woodson Says He Won't Retire, Will Return In 2011

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Charles Woodson injured his collarbone at the end of the first half of the Super Bowl, but the Packers soldiered on without him and won the Super Bowl, beating the Steelers 31-25. After the game, Woodson, 34, told Steve Whyche of NFL Network that he doesn't plan on retiring and will be back with the Packers in 2011. Assuming their is a 2011 season, that's good news for the Packers. The Packers, despite having just won the Super Bowl, won't be content to go into 2011 with just a few necessary tweaks on the team, and having Woodson around means they're not losing a key playmaker in their defensive secondary. Despite the injury, Woodson did contribute in the first half and deserves every accolade he might get for the game.

Source: Steve Wyche: Twitter.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They will be one of the frontrunners in the NFC, I see alot of elite teams in the NFC next season.In no order all of these teams will make noise in the NFC next year. Packers/Saints/Falcons/Eagles/Cowboys/Giants/Bears arguably the Buccaneers and Lions as well, going to be very competitive.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He sure has one or two seasons in him

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I am not a Packers fan at all... But I really love the way Woodson plays. The guy seems to never be outmatched or outplayed. He is always prepared and plays with the heart of an old school player. I for one hope he plays a few more years.