Packers Clinch NFC North, Can Clinch Playoff Bye Next Week

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With their 38-35 win over the New York Giants and the Detroit Lions' 31-17 loss to the NFC South-leading New Orleans Saints, the 12-0 Green Bay Packers have officially clinched the NFC North for the first time since the 2007 season. Green Bay had clinched a playoff berth before they took on the field on Sunday when the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons lost during their early games on Sunday. The Packers won Super Bowl XLV as the No. 6 in the NFC Playoffs, going on the road to Philadelphia, Atlanta and Chicago to get to Dallas. This year, the road to Indianapolis in the NFC will likely run through Green Bay. The Packers have a two-game lead over the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 1 seed in the NFC and could clinch a first-round bye next week with a win at home over the Oakland Raiders and a New Orleans Saints' loss to the Tennessee Titans.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. Pack4life

Pack4life Rookie

Slight correction

Packers will clinch a playoff bye with a win or a New Orleans loss. The packers beat New Orleans in week 1 so they hold the tie breaker.

3. SRW

Helluva game that was too...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOVq6UEZFns"]Saints vs. Packers Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

5. SRW

This team is on some kind of roll right now. However, that defense has been known to give up scores in bunches. That's got to be concerning, not to mention the RB situation. Looks like James Starks might be missing some time or touches with his latest injury.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The D was bad yesterday, but the O didn't help them much.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the pass d didnt play all that well but considering hakeem nicks is a freak thats ok with me theres only a handful of guys that can do what nicks can do

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Would be brutal if they rest their guys too much...

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's hard in this league to just assume the packers will win all of their remaining 7 games and go 19-0 but it's really hard right now to find a reason they won't. It's almost as if they're toying with some of their opponents just to make things interesting for themselves. regardless of whether the scoreboard is close, you just never get the feeling that they aren't in complete control of how the game is going to end.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Hard for me to see any team in the NFL beating the Packers. They're really the only team that hasn't come out this year and laid an egg. Every other team has had crap games that made people question their place. But the Packers are just a machine right now. Really tough for me to imagine them losing.

11. CaptainStubing

so, after no undefeated 16-0 or winless 0-16 regular seasons ever for decades, now we may have 2 of each in the matter of just a few years ..................

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

...and to think the people in Green Bay didn't like the McCarthy hiring...lol.

Out of the Chiefs, Raiders, Lions and Bears...I find it hard to believe they lose one of those games...totally possible, this is the NFL, but I find it hard to believe they do.

13. Steve12

To me, the only way they lose is if they start sitting guys at the end of the season. But they don't seem like the kind of team that would do that. And if you're on that kind of a roll that's not something you want to mess with.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ask the Colts how that worked out...

15. Steve12

Well the Pats did it the other way and that didn't work out either. So really it's just whatever McCarthy feels is best for his team when the moment comes.

16. CaptainStubing

yep, there's probably some risks either way. although i think the packers back-ups could probably still beat the teams they have left.................

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I can see us rest some of the injured players