Packers DE Johnny Jolly To Never Play In The NFL Again?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by adammwilson, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Packers DE Johnny Jolly, 27, will likely never play in the NFL again. Jolly, who is suspended for the entire 2010 season, would have been a rotational starting linemen for Green Bay this year. He was suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Jolly has not been convicted yet however, he is strongly expected to be convicted. He was charged with possession of at least 200 grams of codeine.

Source: Peter King, SI

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  2. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

He butt should be in jail

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dumb heck...

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Famous last words. :icon_smile:

Stranger things have happened in the NFL...

5. His butt will be in jail.

6. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Well hes got some money so we'll see....everyone was saying Michael Vick was done but the wealthy never serve as much time as the rest of us.

7. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Lets get real people..Stallworth killed a man while driving under the influence...said he was sorry.. and is back in the league like it never happened. If Vick can take another snap after what happened with him then there is no way Jolly can be done just like that. Lets not forget a certain other person accused of rape, on more than one account..getting a 6 game suspension only.

The point is...it's WAY too early to say hes done for good. Or am i just an idiot?

8. getting caught red handed with a ton of drugs is pretty damning. Not to mention he is a repeat offender which Goodell will not appreciate.

9. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

So is pacman jones..

10. Tarkus

Jolly = Pacman?

Better check your math on that one, mm...

11. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Im talking about him being a repeat offender..making the point that Pacman has had his fair share of extra chances. Im not comparing them in any other way...so..

12. Tarkus

I more than see your point, mm, but, IMO, this is one of those 'apples & oranges' scenarios.

The lack of being able to truly compare these 2 keeps it from being a major point.

However, I'm with you from earlier that it's much too early to say he won't be back.

It'll be more about what he brings to the table, which is a lot less than Pacman even tho Jones squandered the talent, which will ultimately (along with Father Time) close the door on his return IMO.

13. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Good call on the father time thing..didnt really think about that one. But we will see..just gotta play the waiting game. How come you think pacman brings more to the table though? I thought jolly was one of the most underated DL in the league..but thats just me..and i AM a Packers fan..so i may be a bit biased on that.

Im not arguing with you at all btw :) Just bored and want to talk to some football :)

14. Tarkus

:icon_smile:

Never a problem on my end, mm. Most of my comments come from the same place...tho I'll admit I'm no saint. :icon_twisted:

Basically from a position stand point & that Pacman was an every down player along with returns. Jolly was a solid performer who wasn't an every down player from what I'd seen. Correct me if I haven't seen enough of him to say that.

The requirement needed to play a cover spot against WRs is a lot more of a talent position than an interior lineman. An interior lineman can mask some deficiencies with brute strength, technique, etc. while a CB is on an island. I think Pacman's fractured approach/lack of dedication cost him. Jolly, in turn, has proven with these charges & previous issues to have that same type of shortcoming.

Of course, I'm over simplifying this for the sake of convo (& less typing...:icon_smile:) but wouldn't you agree?

15. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Lol. yea