Packers Defense: Dormant Or Dead?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by CaptainStubing, Dec 30, 2011.

?

Is the Packers Defense Dormant or Dead?

1. Dormant: They will turn it on in the playoffs

50.0%
  2. Dead: Last year's 3 month run was a fluke

50.0%
  3. Won't Matter: Either way, the Packers offense is Good Enough to win without them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Last season, the Packers defense was able to wake up for November, December, and January after a poor Sept and Oct.

This season, they haven't woken up yet and we're heading into January.

So, the questions become: Why hasn't the Packers defense woken up yet, considering they basically have the same corps of players and the same D-coordinator ............. and, will they be able to flip the switch in January and play good ball again as they did to finish out last season?

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

don't really need that much of a defense. Not many teams can score enough points to keep up with the offense. Just gotta make a couple of stops in the red zone and the pack should be ok. I mean until we meet up.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have a funny feeling that they've been sandbagging a lil bit...call me crazy...but I think they have some crap saved for the playoffs.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Think they're coasting a bit as well.

However, I don't think they're good enough or have the same chip on their shoulder as last year. Definitely their Achilles Heel this time around.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i have a feeling that they have been coasting too.

The funny thing is, even if we're wrong and their defense has lost their edge, they may still be good enuf to win it all.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Capers will pull some crap out of his butt...but you are right...if the Packers Offense is on, which it has been 94% of the time this year, they'll most likely win it all again.

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Today's game should prove, what I'm saying for a while. Our secondary sucks - they suck for years. We badly need some improvement on CB ans S

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

.......next preseason

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

yay, i voted dead:icon_cheesygrin:

10. Buck Fenson

well played sir

11. Jihad Joe

At least you guys got that far

12. Buck Fenson

but really should have gotten further if we had some semblance of a defensive cordinator. But the 9ers were the better coached team and played better overall than us. Hope they win the Super Bowl. I think they can slow down the Pats.

13. Jihad Joe

Reason why I believe the 49ers will win it: turnovers. They create them and limit them. Thats what championship teams too

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

D
    E
    A
    D

Dead.