Packers Fan Mistakenly Shreds Game Ticket

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Saintsfan1972, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

A little housecleaning nearly cost the Rev. Walter Hermanns a seat at Sundays National Football Conference championship game.

Hermanns, who has multiple sclerosis and uses a wheelchair, was getting some help from a friend last Friday when he asked him to take care of a stack of papers left in a bin for shredding.

When his friend got to four Green Bay Packers tickets bundled together with a rubber band, he took off the band, put one in the shredder and then stopped short.

Something rang a bell and he said, Are you sure you want to shred these? Hermanns said.

Too late. The ticket was in shreds.

They emptied the shredder, collected pieces of the ticket and put them in a plastic bag. A call to the Packers ticket office remedied the situation, but not without some explaining.

It almost sounded like they had heard crazy stories like this before, Hermanns said.

It helped that he had purchased the tickets with a credit card, still had three remaining tickets and had gotten the tickets through a special lottery for handicapped-accessible seats.

link

2. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:shoot:

3. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Maybe I should hold on to those tickets instead..:icon_cheesygrin:

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Sucks to be him

5. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Oh no! Does it mean he won't be able to see the game? That's going to be terrible. :sad::icon_cry: The Packers can't give him a replacement ticket?

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Read the article before you reply :icon_rolleyes:

7. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I read it, did he have 3 other tickets? The way it was written, not my fault if it sounded like he didn't have another ticket. Stop getting on my case, this is going to be the worse weekend of my life.

8. FinFan_23

FinFan_23 Team Veteran

I would officially hate myself if I was him.

9. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

What TJ meant when he said read the article first!

10. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Man that would have sucked if he had not been able to prove it.

11. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA